BLM: Israel guilty of genocide of Palestinians, stop US aid

Started by Martinus, September 26, 2016, 12:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hamilcar

Quote from: Razgovory on September 26, 2016, 09:24:18 AM
Quote from: Oexmelin on September 26, 2016, 06:18:42 AM
It's not. It's just that the idea of a political group of African-Americans haunts the nightmares of white supremacists.

Is it possible to be critical of the BLM without being a white supremacist?

According to modern intersectional race theory, no.

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 26, 2016, 11:57:28 AM
It's not. It's just that the idea of a political group of African-Americans haunts the nightmares of white supremacists.

Oh, sweetie, don't use terms that you don't understand. :hug:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Hamilcar

Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 12:56:17 PM

Why? Hasn't stopped the insane postmodern "scholars" which gave birth to the garbage the BLM people quote.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 08:00:15 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2016, 05:36:36 AM
Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 02:57:34 AM
Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2016, 02:52:21 AM
Black lives matter is a racial supremacist group?

Their demands include free college education and minimum guaranteed income (not wage!) for all black people, special subsidies for businesses owned by blacks, special funding for majority-black universities, etc. That's pretty racist/racial supremacist to me. In fact the only country I can think of with similar law-enshrined discriminatory treatment based on race is apartheid South Africa.
....All I've seen from them is stop shooting black people for no reason.
Didn't even realise it was a centralised political party.

They have announced a platform. You could know that if you read the article I posted in the first post.  :huh:
You didn't read the article? Seriously? :rolleyes:

The point is there is no they. They're not a single united party.
And no matter what typical stuff they say about Israel or other silly stuff in the BLM name it doesn't mean they don't have valid points otherwise.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Hamilcar on September 26, 2016, 12:58:43 PM
Quote from: garbon on September 26, 2016, 12:56:17 PM

Why? Hasn't stopped the insane postmodern "scholars" which gave birth to the garbage the BLM people quote.

And that's what you aim to be?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2016, 01:04:54 PM

And no matter what typical stuff they say about Israel or other silly stuff in the BLM name it doesn't mean they don't have valid points otherwise.

If there is no they and there is no single united party with an agenda and points then how exactly can the bolded part follow?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

grumbler

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2016, 01:28:04 PM

If there is no they and there is no single united party with an agenda and points then how exactly can the bolded part follow?

:lol:  I don't think Tyr has actually thought through that position:  "there is no they, but they have valid points."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: grumbler on September 26, 2016, 01:45:57 PM
:lol:  I don't think Tyr has actually thought through that position:  "there is no they, but they have valid points."

So because "Black Lives Matter" doesn't have a charter or home office, black lives really don't matter?  Whew.  Hear that, derspieß?  You were right after all!

lol #Make501c3StrongAgain

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 26, 2016, 02:07:43 PM
So because "Black Lives Matter" doesn't have a charter or home office, black lives really don't matter?  Whew.  Hear that, derspieß?  You were right after all!

lol #Make501c3StrongAgain

I didn't know that.  Hell, i didn't even know you were the person who decided that.  :(
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

So because "Black Lives Matter" doesn't have a charter or home office, black lives really don't matter?

If they don't then they clearly don't think so, since they cannot be bothered to even do the minimal shit to be effective. Must not be very important.

But they have, so far as I can tell.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2016, 02:28:00 PM
So because "Black Lives Matter" doesn't have a charter or home office, black lives really don't matter?

If they don't then they clearly don't think so, since they cannot be bothered to even do the minimal shit to be effective. Must not be very important.

:huh:

CountDeMoney

Black Lives Matter:  No, It Wasn't What You Thought It Meant

Savonarola

I once went to an anti-WTO protest where a number of people got up to speak out against police brutality; so I guess it all balances out. 
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Josquius

Quote from: Valmy on September 26, 2016, 01:28:04 PM

There is no "they" determining overall policy.
There is however a broad mass of people protesting against racism; generally and group by group against specific incidents. Usually pretty validly.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Savonarola on September 26, 2016, 04:14:30 PM
I once went to an anti-WTO protest where a number of people got up to speak out against police brutality; so I guess it all balances out.

Considering how Seattle PD went up in them Tiananmen Square donkey dick-style, I can appreciate how it made the agenda.