BLM: Israel guilty of genocide of Palestinians, stop US aid

Started by Martinus, September 26, 2016, 12:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

QuoteJewish groups decry Black Lives Matter platform's view on Israel

By Julie Zauzmer August 5
Dozens of Black Lives Matter organizations jointly released a wide-ranging platform Monday spelling out standpoints on dozens of issues.

On almost all of the issues — including education, food insecurity, criminal sentencing and policing — progressive Jewish groups heartily agree. But the new platform's stance on Israel has angered major Jewish organizations.

The platform calls for an end to U.S. federal aid for Israel. By providing aid, the platform argues, the United States is "complicit in the genocide taking place against the Palestinian people." Criticizing the construction of Israeli settlements in Palestinian areas and the arrest of young Palestinians, it describes Israel as "an apartheid state."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/acts-of-faith/wp/2016/08/05/jewish-groups-decry-black-lives-matter-platforms-view-on-israel/?tid=a_inl

Who would have thought a racial supremacist organisation would also be antisemitic?  :hmm:

Hamilcar

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 12:37:33 AM
Who would have thought a racial supremacist organisation would also be antisemitic?  :hmm:

I for one am shocked, shocked!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Josquius

██████
██████
██████

Martinus

Quote from: Tyr on September 26, 2016, 02:52:21 AM
Black lives matter is a racial supremacist group?

Their demands include free college education and minimum guaranteed income (not wage!) for all black people, special subsidies for businesses owned by blacks, special funding for majority-black universities, etc. That's pretty racist/racial supremacist to me. In fact the only country I can think of with similar law-enshrined discriminatory treatment based on race is apartheid South Africa.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 02:57:34 AM

Their demands include free college education and minimum guaranteed income (not wage!) for all black people, special subsidies for businesses owned by blacks, special funding for majority-black universities, etc. That's pretty racist/racial supremacist to me. In fact the only country I can think of with similar law-enshrined discriminatory treatment based on race is apartheid South Africa.

Don't you know he's rather impressionable and will take to heart what you say? Shame on you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Solmyr

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Josquius

Quote from: Martinus on September 26, 2016, 02:57:34 AM

....All I've seen from them is stop shooting black people for no reason.
Didn't even realise it was a centralised political party.
██████
██████
██████

Oexmelin

It's not. It's just that the idea of a political group of African-Americans haunts the nightmares of white supremacists.
Que le grand cric me croque !

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 26, 2016, 06:18:42 AM
It's not. It's just that the idea of a political group of African-Americans haunts the nightmares of white supremacists.

For you, that may be true.  Some of the rest of us see that the BLM movement is bogging itself down in nonsense politics, which discredits their original and legitimate message and greatly reduces their moral high ground.  it's not the first mass movement to be taken over by egotists pushing personal agendas, and won't be the last, but it s sad to see it happening.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

Oh, yes. I am sure some of the rest of you hold all sorts of funky ideas.

grumbler

Quote from: Oexmelin on September 26, 2016, 06:45:34 AM
Oh, yes. I am sure some of the rest of you hold all sorts of funky ideas.

And I am sure that you are far more in tune with the mindset of white supremacists than most of us.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Oexmelin

It may be true. I read writings of slaveholders every day after all.