Here's how to talk to women wearing headphones – without being an idiot

Started by garbon, August 31, 2016, 10:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Meh, always thought using her own panties worked better, that way she can taste her own fear.

Martinus

FWIW, it seems the "how to talk to a woman wearing headphones" is quickly becoming a meme on Facebook. :D

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 31, 2016, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2016, 11:12:17 AM
Is there any difference in this advice depending on the gender of the persons involved?  :huh:

Yes.  Women are delicate flowers and must be protected.  Anyone who says differently is teh patriarchy.
More like anyone who says that is the patriarchy.

:lol:  Can't get anything past you, Tim.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Brazen

As I don't ever make eye contact and have a bitchy resting face, no random strangers ever try to engage me in conversation. Unless, it seems, I'm running and wearing headphones. Then it seems the one person who'd be most inconvenienced by being slowed to a halt and having to remove headphones is the best person to stop and ask for directions.

Tamas

I don't want to sound like some bitter single guy, but I bet if the guy doing the contact-attempt was found attractive by the bothered female and said female was single and/or looking for somebody, then there would be no problem with the approach. Now of course the guy in question has no way to be aware of these two -reasonable- prerequisites for not being annoyed, so what other options does he have?

Or the idea is that only females should make the first step? But then what about the rights of men to be not disturbed unwantedly?

Valmy

Quote from: Tamas on September 01, 2016, 09:41:14 AM
I don't want to sound like some bitter single guy, but I bet if the guy doing the contact-attempt was found attractive by the bothered female and said female was single and/or looking for somebody, then there would be no problem with the approach. Now of course the guy in question has no way to be aware of these two -reasonable- prerequisites for not being annoyed, so what other options does he have?

Yeah. I don't know.

QuoteOr the idea is that only females should make the first step? But then what about the rights of men to be not disturbed unwantedly?

Don't talk to people. The Millennial way. Use Tinder.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Or the idea is that only females should make the first step? But then what about the rights of men to be not disturbed unwantedly?

How would the second question come into play?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Valmy

Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2016, 09:47:06 AM

If the woman is a Romanian.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on September 01, 2016, 09:48:26 AM
Quote from: The Brain on September 01, 2016, 09:47:06 AM

If the woman is a Romanian.

Ah. You're right.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

sbr

I think the point is is that the article is telling you how to"force yourself" onto someone who isn't interested in talking to you. 

I would imagine you wouldn't have to get closer than 2m and wave your arms around if she had any interest in you.

Just because she is outside and breathing doesn't mean she whants or needs male attention.

Martinus

Quote from: sbr on September 01, 2016, 09:55:05 AM
I think the point is is that the article is telling you how to"force yourself" onto someone who isn't interested in talking to you. 

I would imagine you wouldn't have to get closer than 2m and wave your arms around if she had any interest in you.

Just because she is outside and breathing doesn't mean she whants or needs male attention.

Why is the bolded part relevant, again?

Solmyr

Because that's what the article talks about? Because it's written about that specific subject?

Seriously, it's like you are asking why a book about WW2 does not mention every war in history ever.