Here's how to talk to women wearing headphones – without being an idiot

Started by garbon, August 31, 2016, 10:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I have never met anyone who wanted to genuinely talk to me, so that clear up a lot of problems.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2016, 01:47:42 PM
I have never met anyone who wanted to genuinely talk to me, so that clear up a lot of problems.

This probably goes for more of us on here than we realise, hence we end up on Languish conversing.  :P
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Martinus

Quote from: Valmy on August 31, 2016, 12:57:20 PM
Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2016, 12:50:59 PM
What are Valmy notes?

I thought it was being used a verb there.

I note, you note, he/she/it/Valmy notes
We note, you note, they note

I first misread it and then decided to run with it.  :blush:

The Brain

So if you need to talk to a woman with headphones you shouldn't?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

Quote from: The Brain on August 31, 2016, 03:22:26 PM

Your need shouldn't trump her need.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

celedhring

I always take off my headphones if somebody wants to talk to me. It's a rare occasion.

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2016, 03:24:09 PM

Depends on what your need is.  I'm bored, let's make small talk" isn't much a of need, but "OH GOD THERE ARE WOLVES BITING ME", is.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2016, 04:08:12 PM

Depends on what your need is.  I'm bored, let's make small talk" isn't much a of need, but "OH GOD THERE ARE WOLVES BITING ME", is.

Is it? Is it a great comfort to talk to someone while being devoured by wolves? :unsure:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

The Brain

Thankfully I'm boorish enough to tell her that she dropped something or that the train she's waiting for has been cancelled.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

jimmy olsen

Quote from: derspiess on August 31, 2016, 11:14:09 AM
Quote from: Martinus on August 31, 2016, 11:12:17 AM
Is there any difference in this advice depending on the gender of the persons involved?  :huh:

Yes.  Women are delicate flowers and must be protected.  Anyone who says differently is teh patriarchy.
More like anyone who says that is the patriarchy.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on August 31, 2016, 04:10:44 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on August 31, 2016, 04:08:12 PM

Is it? Is it a great comfort to talk to someone while being devoured by wolves? :unsure:

Yes.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: celedhring on August 31, 2016, 03:32:00 PM
I always take off my headphones if somebody wants to talk to me. It's a rare occasion.

What about that purple microphone in your mouth, lulz

11B4V

The latest offering – "How to talk to a woman who is wearing headphones" – advised men to attract the attention of said women using much the same approach as an alien trying to blend in without arousing suspicion.

1. Stand in front of her (with 1m to 1.5m between you).
2. Have a relaxed, easygoing smile.
3. Is she hasn't already looked up at you, simply get her attention with a wave of your hand. Wave your hand in her direct line of vision so she can't ignore it." then stuff a dirty sock in her suck hole.

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".