And we're back!

Main Menu

Ze burkini is a problem with Ze France

Started by viper37, August 13, 2009, 02:43:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iormlund

Quote from: Siege on August 18, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
People that use pools are retards.
People pee, spit, blow their nose, jerk off, and even shit, in public pools.

That's what chlorine is for.

garbon

:wub:

Also, is it really common for people to shit in pools?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: garbon on August 19, 2009, 02:44:58 AM
Also, is it really common for people to shit in pools?

Only after drinking half a can of Coors Light.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

swallow

Quote from: Valdemar on August 18, 2009, 01:40:20 PM
Quote from: swallow on August 18, 2009, 10:51:03 AM
I've actually been looking for something similar to the top (no hood) for ages, to stop sunburn on the beech - I wonder if speedo will bring out a version that actually fits?

They actually exists :) I have them for my kids for the very same reason, to avoid sunburn. They are Aussie and called IIRC sun block and or shark skin :)

V
Thats great - I've had a look and they have adult sizes - Thanks Valdemar

merithyn

Quote from: Valdemar on August 18, 2009, 08:07:22 AM

As Sheilb points out, it is their secularism at work. Just think of the fact that church weddings of any kinds are for show and not legally biding, only City hall weddings have legal significance.

I want this in the U.S. I really truly do.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on August 14, 2009, 07:34:12 PM
No.  There's a difference between gender and sexuality.  Also there are practical problems in determining whether someone is straight or homosexual for the purpose of going for a swim.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Iormlund on August 19, 2009, 02:42:37 AM
Quote from: Siege on August 18, 2009, 08:55:25 PM
People that use pools are retards.
People pee, spit, blow their nose, jerk off, and even shit, in public pools.

That's what chlorine is for.
My psoriasis reacts badly to chlorine so I have to use salt-water or oxygenated swimming pools, which are standard in some places, but not the UK :(
Let's bomb Russia!

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 19, 2009, 09:41:23 PM
I want this in the U.S. I really truly do.

Um...isn't it like that already?  Without the marriage license you can have marriages all day in a church and nobody cares.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 07:40:23 AM
Um...isn't it like that already?  Without the marriage license you can have marriages all day in a church and nobody cares.

But a minister or priest can do the "legal" bit. I want them completely separate. If you want to get married, you go down to the courthouse, sign the paperwork, and ta-da! you're married. A civil union. Then, if you want, you go to the church and do that bit.

If everyone had to have a civil union and left the "marriage" bit to the religious types, same-sex marriage would come about much quicker nationwide, I think. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, but regardless, I don't think the state should be involved except at the most business-end of things, i.e. the contract merging two households into one.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Malthus

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2009, 01:01:57 PM
Quote from: Valmy on August 20, 2009, 07:40:23 AM

But a minister or priest can do the "legal" bit. I want them completely separate. If you want to get married, you go down to the courthouse, sign the paperwork, and ta-da! you're married. A civil union. Then, if you want, you go to the church and do that bit.

If everyone had to have a civil union and left the "marriage" bit to the religious types, same-sex marriage would come about much quicker nationwide, I think. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking, but regardless, I don't think the state should be involved except at the most business-end of things, i.e. the contract merging two households into one.

I don't think that follows at all. Here in Canada we've had gay marriage a while, and priests and the like can officiate at weddings.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Valmy

Quote from: merithyn on August 20, 2009, 01:01:57 PM

A minister or priest or guy-who-was-ordained-on-the-internet can marry anybody they want.  Indeed religious types have been marrying gay people for decades.  The state has to ok it so it is in effect precisely the same as going down to the court house and getting married.

The minister or priest or internet guy has zero say in who the state allows to get married.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Josephus

This thread is seven years old....where else we talking about this? :huh:
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Valmy

Wow. It is amazing how little this place has changed  :lol:

Josephus

Quote from: Valmy on August 26, 2016, 09:29:04 AM
Wow. It is amazing how little this place has changed  :lol:

Place needs new blood.
Civis Romanus Sum<br /><br />"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011