News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Brain

Confusion isn't an illness or all of Languish is sick. And paranoia is just being sensible.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: viper37 on February 08, 2020, 06:14:48 PM
only religion is an absolute right in canada.

I kind of don't think that's entirely true..  I doubt you have a legal right to practice human sacrifice in Canada because your religion calls for it.  I suppose I could be wrong about that, but probably not.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: The Brain on February 20, 2020, 05:18:41 AM
Confusion isn't an illness or all of Languish is sick. And paranoia is just being sensible.

Well, maybe not sensible, too strong of a word, but just because you are paranoid does not mean you have no enemies.

The Larch

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 20, 2020, 02:26:27 AM
Quote from: The Larch on February 19, 2020, 07:28:40 PM
I'd bet on organised crime rather than terrorism, though.

Why? Because it took place on shisha bars?

It was my understanding that gun violence in Germany is mostly related to organized crime. A few years ago there was another big gunfight in a restaurant that was score settling by branches of the Calabrian Ndrangheta.

Syt

The writings "Message to whole German People" left behind by the perp point towards mental illness. He thought he was constantly being observed. Additionally, he wrote that certain peoples are unable to achieve anything while Germans create everything good and beautiful. The other races would need to be eliminated, "even though we're talking about billions". He listed basically Africa, Middle East, Asia, South America as to be eliminated.

Another part of the manifesto deals with his high standards for picking a woman, and that he's been single for 18 years. Also, that he has influenced events throughout the world because his thoughts have been tapped into by surveillance. He was convinced since being a child that his mind was being observed, because he would hear voiced or "feel" when someone connected to him.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 20, 2020, 02:38:50 AM
Le Figaro, through Bild, says far-right. No mentally unstable understatement, as for islamists.

https://www.bild.de/news/2020/news/hanau-schuesse-tote-tatverdaechtiger-68909822.bild.html

QuoteTäter mordete aus rechtsradikalen Motiven

I'm so sorry. :console: I hope you will be okay.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 01:02:47 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 20, 2020, 02:38:50 AM
Le Figaro, through Bild, says far-right. No mentally unstable understatement, as for islamists.

https://www.bild.de/news/2020/news/hanau-schuesse-tote-tatverdaechtiger-68909822.bild.html

QuoteTäter mordete aus rechtsradikalen Motiven

I'm so sorry. :console: I hope you will be okay.

Chillax, I left Frankfurt am Main years ago. Besides, Hanau was a far away suburb anyways.

Razgovory

No,  You really wanted this to a Muslim.  I'm sorry that it wasn't.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 01:15:43 PM

You wish, you anti-Francophone bigot and self-confessed nutcase.
I pointed out quickly it was the far right. Violent islamists are unlikely to deliberately target other muslims in Europe.

Razgovory

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 20, 2020, 01:20:19 PM

You wish, you anti-Francophone bigot Anti-Nationalist and self-confessed nutcase.
I pointed out quickly it was the far right. Violent islamists are unlikely to deliberately target other muslims in Europe.

There was a problem with your post so I pitched in to help.  It was the least I could do. :)

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Razgovory on February 20, 2020, 01:49:07 PM
Quote from: Duque de Bragança on February 20, 2020, 01:20:19 PM

You wish, you anti-Francophone bigot and self-confessed nutcase.

There was a problem with your post so I pitched in to help.  It was the least I could do. :)

"Help" from the former Erdogan groupie and still pro-islamist, anti-Charlie self-confessed nutcase ? Nein, Danke!
:secret:

I did not believe it was organized crime when replying to the Galego Larch, a special kind of Hispanic, like me.
How you jumped to conclusions is not that surprising from you, though usually you wait until Mosque Day for your anti-Francophone cyberjihad. Boring day or what?

viper37

Quote from: dps on February 20, 2020, 06:28:47 AM

I kind of don't think that's entirely true..  I doubt you have a legal right to practice human sacrifice in Canada because your religion calls for it.  I suppose I could be wrong about that, but probably not.
It hasn't been tested in court yet, so I don't know ;)

There's an interesting case in court right now, where two individuals are sueing the government for leaving them at the mercy of a religious education that leaves them ill prepared for the real world.  We'll see how that goes.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Valmy

Quote from: viper37 on February 20, 2020, 02:54:54 PM

There's an interesting case in court right now, where two individuals are sueing the government for leaving them at the mercy of a religious education that leaves them ill prepared for the real world.  We'll see how that goes.

Yeah the ability of religious groups to brainwash children with private "education" (Scientology with its fake schools comes to mind) has always been one of those necessary evils. It is horrible and destructive to the poor kids caught up in it, but making it illegal opens up all kinds of other problems.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Actually it has - well not human sacrifice but something much more benign - the right to study in a christian community.  And the party asserting that their freedom of religion should prevail lost - look up the Trinity Western Case.

Barrister

Quote from: crazy canuck on February 20, 2020, 02:59:23 PM

Actually it has - well not human sacrifice but something much more benign - the right to study in a christian community.  And the party asserting that their freedom of religion should prevail lost - look up the Trinity Western Case.

Meh - that case really turned on some hand-waving "lawyers are special" kind of reasoning.

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.