Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2017, 07:22:36 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2017, 06:52:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2017, 09:07:18 AM
Somebody had a pedestrian strike and the first thing people think of is Radical Islamic Motorists. 
Fuck, Asian chicks clip countless victims every fucking day, nobody's talking about eradicating Radical Vietnamese Nail Technicians.

Your not too good at this anymore.

That post was 3 weeks ago.  Would you feel better if they was pushed outta windows?

I expect a high standard of sauciness with a sprinkle of sardonic wit from you. I shall not be subjected to half measures.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2017, 07:31:58 PM
I expect a high standard of sauciness with a sprinkle of sardonic wit from you. I shall not be subjected to half measures.

Eat shit, base cop.  I just spent almost 2 hours in traffic on the way home.  Be glad I didn't hop a curb on your ass, Sailor Moon.

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2017, 07:34:04 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2017, 07:31:58 PM

Eat shit, base cop.  I just spent almost 2 hours in traffic on the way home.  Be glad I didn't hop a curb on your ass, Sailor Moon.

That's more like it.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

11B4V

dps

If only we had the political will to ban bike paths, we could prevent this sort of thing.

CountDeMoney

QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

In NYC, looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person. Law enforcement is following this closely. NOT IN THE U.S.A.!
2:30 PM - 31 Oct 2017

Yeah, Donald.  It was, in fact, in the USA.

CountDeMoney

Fuck the Daily News;  thank Christ that, in times like this, we have the New York Post.  The attention to detail.  The ability to get to the heart of the matter.  The journalistic integrity.

QuoteMetro
terror on the streets of new york
Terror suspect was rude customer at local supermarket
By Joe Marino
October 31, 2017 | 10:20pm | Updated

The driver who mowed down people with a truck in Manhattan, killing 8, was known as an "erratic" customer who berated the cashiers at his local supermarket.

Sayfullo Saipov, 29, was notorious for his behavior at the Farm Boy Super Fresh Supermarket on Getty avenue in Paterson, NJ, the manager said.

"Every time he came here he was always erratic or arguing with the cashiers," she told The Post about the terror killer. "He would get angry very fast.... he would break the cans, dumb things."

The manager, who declined to give her name, said Saipov was very rude to the cashiers, and called them "uneducated."

"I feel like he was prejudice to the cashiers — whether they were covered or not in a hijab — he would belittle them," the manager said.

"He was talking good English, proper,   :lol: but he would call the cashiers dumb, uneducated — how they didn't know how to scan the items."

Saipov, who is in police custody and recovering from a gunshot wound, also regularly argued about the price of Canada Dry Ginger Ale.

"Soda was the problem. He would come here and buy soda," the manager said.

"He would give us a hard time on the 12-pack Canada Dry — if it was one price he would want his own price. It was always the soda, always a problem with the 12-pack of cans. Always a problem."

Eddie Teach

Terrorists are assholes? Who'd a thunk it?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Hey, this happened just across the river from DG.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 31, 2017, 09:49:14 PM
QuoteDonald J. Trump‏Verified account
@realDonaldTrump

In NYC, looks like another attack by a very sick and deranged person. Law enforcement is following this closely. NOT IN THE U.S.A.!
2:30 PM - 31 Oct 2017

Yeah, Donald.  It was, in fact, in the USA.

He doesn't own property on the west side anymore
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Tamas

So I assume the same people who insisted that stricter gun control would not stop attacks like Las Vegas, will insist that stricter immigration controls will not stop attacks like this?

Josquius

Quote from: Tamas on November 01, 2017, 01:34:38 AM
So I assume the same people who insisted that stricter gun control would not stop attacks like Las Vegas, will insist that stricter immigration controls will not stop attacks like this?
Immigration already has a pretty strict no terrorists policy.
Giving more money to those monitoring and enforcing this policy is pretty uncontroversial
██████
██████
██████

frunk

Quote from: Tamas on November 01, 2017, 01:34:38 AM

Too soon, can't talk about dealing with the issue right after the incident.

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on November 01, 2017, 08:57:56 AM
Giving more money to those monitoring and enforcing this policy is pretty uncontroversial

Is it? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.