And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

viper37

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2017, 05:45:45 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 05, 2017, 01:51:25 AM
Dude targeted aviation fuel tanks 1,100 feet from the concert site. If they'd gone up, would that have wiped out the crowd?

https://www.reviewjournal.com/local/the-strip/Las-Vegas-Strip-shooter-targeted-aviation-fuel-tanks-source-says/

Fortunately, AS THE ARTICLE YOU QUOTE YOURSELF SAYS, jet fuel doesn't ignite easily and it was impossible that they'd have gone up.
Hollywood failed us again :(
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: The Larch on October 05, 2017, 05:45:45 AM
Fortunately, AS THE ARTICLE YOU QUOTE YOURSELF SAYS, jet fuel doesn't ignite easily and it was impossible that they'd have gone up.

No one ever said that it was impossible that the fuel could have "gone up."  It would have been difficult to ignite in the absence of tracer rounds, and the tanks had fire suppression systems that would have prevented the ignition of fuel vapor in the tanks themselves (for longer than he could shoot at them, anyway), but it wasn't impossible to ignite fuel vapor outside the tanks if he could produce sufficient sparks with his shots.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

car rammed pedestrians in London, near the natural history musuem.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on October 07, 2017, 10:08:55 AM

Road traffic accident apparently.

Not sure if it was Cromwell Rd (?) the main thru road, or Museum Rd (?) which is now a weird hybrid pedestrian area with some car access, that seems to confuse some people.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Richard Hakluyt

BBC say it was in Exhibition Road, which, as you say, had some very expensive and confusing improvements made recently.

mongers

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on October 07, 2017, 12:48:41 PM
BBC say it was in Exhibition Road, which, as you say, had some very expensive and confusing improvements made recently.

:cool:

Ah, that's the right name, I guess I think of it as 'museum road' as it's got the science museum entrance on it and it links the V&A/Nat. History with Hyde Park.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

How are they confusing?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: jimmy olsen on October 08, 2017, 03:22:29 AM

How are they confusing?

Sometimes the Daily Mail has its uses :

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094939/Britains-longest-clutter-free-street-unveiled-make-things-SAFER.html

This sort of thing has been very successful in the Netherlands. I think the theory is that because of the confusion the driver will slow down and take things carefully. This relies on the driver not being a moron of course.

Razgovory

Quote from: mongers on October 07, 2017, 12:42:10 PM
Quote from: viper37 on October 07, 2017, 10:08:55 AM

Road traffic accident apparently.

Not sure if it was Cromwell Rd (?) the main thru road, or Museum Rd (?) which is now a weird hybrid pedestrian area with some car access, that seems to confuse some people.

So many disappointed Islamophobes. :(
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Somebody had a pedestrian strike and the first thing people think of is Radical Islamic Motorists. 
Fuck, Asian chicks clip countless victims every fucking day, nobody's talking about eradicating Radical Vietnamese Nail Technicians.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

http://nypost.com/2017/10/31/several-people-shot-in-downtown-manhattan/

QuoteBloodbath in downtown NYC after truck driver runs over pedestrians

A man in a pickup truck killed six people when he drove onto the West Side bike path in lower Manhattan Tuesday afternoon — and then shouted "Allahu Akbar" as he got out of the car with fake guns, police sources said.

The attack happened around 3:15 p.m., when a man in a flatbed pickup truck from Home Depot veered onto the bike path at West St., a few blocks north of Chambers St., police said.

The suspect, who was shot by police, then plowed his car into multiple people on the path, killing up to six and injuring several others, according to cops.

He continued driving south and hit another car, then got out and displayed "imitation firearms," police said.

The man then shouted, "Allahu Akbar," according to police sources.

Witnesses described a scene of terror, as people fled for safety.

"Jesus! A car just ran over 2 people and then crashed into a school bus. I see two dead bodies and citibikes on the floor destroyed," a Twitter user wrote.

"What happened was there was a car crash... he came out of one of the cars. He had two guns," a 14-year-old Stuyvesant HS student said. "We thought it was a Halloween thing. He started running around the highway. There was another guy in a green shirt that was chasing him around."
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Apparently from Uz-becky-becky-stan-stan.

11B4V

Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2017, 09:07:18 AM
Somebody had a pedestrian strike and the first thing people think of is Radical Islamic Motorists. 
Fuck, Asian chicks clip countless victims every fucking day, nobody's talking about eradicating Radical Vietnamese Nail Technicians.

Your not too good at this anymore.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on October 31, 2017, 06:52:51 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on October 08, 2017, 09:07:18 AM

Your not too good at this anymore.

That post was 3 weeks ago.  Would you feel better if they was pushed outta windows?