News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

It's that old time double tap, attacks on independent women to the accompanment of Aloha back-bar.

QuoteFrance: Women injured in hammer attack

A man is on the run after injuring two women with a hammer in Chalon-sur-Saône, in eastern France.

The women were allegedly assaulted, about 15 minutes apart, by a man just before midday on Friday.

Witnesses said the suspect shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic) during the attacks.

French prosecutors say they are treating the incident as a possible terror attack, but did not rule out other motives.

The women's injuries are not life-threatening, and local media report that they have already been released from hospital.

Officials asked locals not to share information on social media about the location of police while the manhunt for the attacker was still under way.

Earlier on Friday a man was arrested at Châtelet metro station in Paris after reportedly attacking a soldier with a knife at 06:30 (04:30 GMT).

It was the latest in a string of assaults against French troops, who have been deployed across the country in response to recent terror attacks.

The soldier was not injured in the incident.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-41282294
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

dps

Quote from: Valmy on September 15, 2017, 01:19:00 PM
Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2017, 08:40:47 AM
It was intentional, since the far right loves to group all muslims together and tar them all with the wahabist nutter brush.

And I agree that is irresponsible and very bad. These strike me as reasons not to do it to.

Yeah, but consider the source.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2017, 04:39:18 PM
It's that old time double tap, attacks on independent women to the accompanment of Aloha back-bar.

A man is on the run after injuring two women with a hammer in Chalon-sur-Saône, in eastern France.

The women were allegedly assaulted, about 15 minutes apart, by a man just before midday on Friday.

Witnesses said the suspect shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest" in Arabic) during the attacks.

French prosecutors say they are treating the incident as a possible terror attack, but did not rule out other motives.

The women's injuries are not life-threatening, and local media report that they have already been released from hospital.

Officials asked locals not to share information on social media about the location of police while the manhunt for the attacker was still under way.

Earlier on Friday a man was arrested at Châtelet metro station in Paris after reportedly attacking a soldier with a knife at 06:30 (04:30 GMT).

It was the latest in a string of assaults against French troops, who have been deployed across the country in response to recent terror attacks.

Châlons-sur-Saône has  a population of 45,000.  Those attacks are no longer the province of big cities. :(

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Duque de Bragança on September 15, 2017, 05:36:15 PM
Quote from: mongers on September 15, 2017, 04:39:18 PM

Châlons-sur-Saône has  a population of 45,000.  Those attacks are no longer the province of big cities. :(

well, everywhere there's an aloha snackbar you'll risk having this. Until they're either gone, subdued or victorious in eliminating everyone one part of the aloha snackbar.

grumbler

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on September 16, 2017, 12:41:50 PM
well, everywhere there's an aloha snackbar you'll risk having this. Until they're either gone, subdued or victorious in eliminating everyone one part of the aloha snackbar.

I think that there will be a violent break between the hello snackbar and goodbye snackbar before then, and the aloha snacknar  will pretty much wipe itself out.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

I thought Aloha was used to mean both "Hello" and "Goodbye"
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

Most yanquis don't realize it but so does ciao.

dps

Quote from: Razgovory on September 16, 2017, 03:41:55 PM

Dang Hawaiian terrorists.

The Brain

The Chinese sign for crisis means both president and retard.

Eddie Teach

Making it the perfect greeting for suicide bombers.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 16, 2017, 04:34:19 PM

^_^

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 16, 2017, 04:34:19 PM

So is "Shalom"

Barrister

Holy Shit - suspected terrorist attack in Edmonton.

QuoteEdmonton police investigate 'acts of terrorism' after officer stabbed, pedestrians run down
5 people were injured and 1 person is in custody
By Alexandra Zabjek, CBC News Posted: Oct 01, 2017 1:49 AM MT Last Updated: Oct 01, 2017 5:54 AM MT

Police searching for suspect after officer injured in altercation near Eskimos game
​A man who stabbed a police officer with a knife and deliberately plowed into pedestrians on Edmonton's busiest downtown strip is being investigated for "acts of terrorism," police said at a news conference early Sunday.
A 30-year-old man is in custody following a high-speed chase just before midnight through streets filled with bar patrons and football fans. The chase ended only after a white U-Haul van the man was driving struck four pedestrians and flipped on its side.
"We believe the individual acted alone," Edmonton police Chief Rod Knecht said early Sunday, adding that police would investigate the possible involvement of others.
Knecht confirmed that a black ISIS flag was seized from a car where the police officer was attacked. The officer was not critically injured. The condition of the four pedestrians is not known.
"Based on evidence at the scenes and the actions of the suspect ... it was determined that these incidents are being investigated as acts of terrorism," Knecht said.

The first attack happened around 8 p.m. Saturday near Commonwealth Stadium where an officer was working traffic control for a CFL game.
Knecht said the officer was standing behind a barricade when a Chevrolet Malibu crashed into it, hit the officer and sent him flying 4.5 metres into the air.
"A male believed to be 30 years old then jumped out of his vehicle and viciously attacked the Edmonton Police Service member with a knife," Knecht said. "A struggle then ensued, during which the male suspect stabbed the officer several times before fleeing the scene on foot, northbound down 92nd Street.
The officer was taken to hospital, but his injuries are not critical.
At around 10 p.m., police told a news conference that a manhunt was underway, but there was no threat to the public.
Just before midnight, a white U-Haul van was pulled over at a Checkstop on the north side of town. When a police officer checked the driver's name, he recognized it as being similar to the name of the registered owner of the car that had struck the officer at Commonwealth Stadium.
'The police cars just kept coming'
The U-Haul immediately sped off toward downtown Edmonton, where streets were filled with Saturday night bar crowds and football fans. 
As bystanders watched, the van barrelled down Jasper Avenue with up to 20 police vehicles following.
"The police cars just kept coming. They just kept coming," said Jaylene Ellard, who was out with a friend on the crisp fall evening.

Another witness said the vehicles were driving up to 80 km/h in the 50 km/h zone.

"That high-speed chase should have never, ever in a million years have happened downtown," said Brian McNeill, who was in a parking lot with a group of friends when the vehicles sped past.
One witness said police cars began to block streets that connect to Jasper Avenue. The U-Haul eventually doubled back and drove the opposite way down Jasper Avenue. Near 107th Street the van struck at least two pedestrians.
"During the chase, the U-Haul truck deliberately attempted to hit pedestrians in crosswalks and alleys in two areas along Jasper Avenue," Knecht said. 
Eventually, the van flipped and landed on its side.
Pat Hannigan was about a quarter-block away when he heard a loud bang.
"I saw the van on its side, it flipped over, U-Haul van," he said. "And they had a guy handcuffed on the ground and obviously they smashed out the window. They had a pipe or something in their hand."
Knecht said officers did not stop the chase along the busy downtown street "due to the seriousness of the offence — or the believed offence."
Police are scheduled to hold another news conference at 3 p.m. Sunday.
Edmonton police are working with the RCMP's Integration National Security Enforcement Teams on the investigation.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/jasper-downtown-edmonton-pedestrians-struck-1.4315545
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/oct/01/french-police-operation-under-way-at-marseille-train-station

QuoteMan shot dead by French army after killing two people at Marseille train station

A knifeman fatally stabbed two women at the main train station in the southern French city of Marseille on Sunday afternoon before soldiers on patrol shot him dead.

One of the victims was stabbed while the other had her throat slit by the man who is believed to have shouted "Allahu Akbar" ("God is greatest") at the start of the attack, a source close to the investigation told AFP.

Anti-terror prosecutors have opened an investigation into "killings linked to a terrorist organisation" and the "attempted killing of a public official". But investigators remained prudent, and did not make conclusive remarks about the nature of the incident. The investigation has been handed to central police forces, not anti-terrorism police.

The attacker, who was reported to be in his 30s, was not carrying identity documents. AFP quoted a source close to the inquiry who suggested the man was known to police for criminal offences.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.