News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Oh? Russian Orthodox nationalist types are probably not more numerous in Switzerland.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Tonitrus

Quote from: Eddie Teach on September 14, 2017, 07:25:00 AM
They are people, so yes, they're dangerous. I would hazard a guess that the crime rate among Russian Orthodox is lower than the Russian population at large though.

People just suck.

The news keeps saying that the ethnic cleansers in Burma are "Buddhists"...that karma should be a bitch.

Solmyr

Quote from: Valmy on September 14, 2017, 12:12:32 PM
Oh? Russian Orthodox nationalist types are probably not more numerous in Switzerland.

There are plenty of Russians with nationalistic tendencies all over Europe. Not to mention right-wing nutjob types supported by Russians.

Jacob

Probably not, but Tyr conflating all Christians and talking about stuff in his vicinity is just Tyr's general lack of precision and free association posting, not whataboutism IMO.

mongers

Personally, I blame the Soviet.  <_<
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Liep

Bomb exploded on a London underground train.

Not much happened though, a few burns and a few in shock. The bomb was a plastic bucket in a Lidl bag, harsh times for the terrorists.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

The Brain

Brexit will protect against German terrorism.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Tamas

Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2017, 05:50:56 AM

Not much happened though, a few burns and a few in shock. The bomb was a plastic bucket in a Lidl bag, harsh times for the terrorists.

Seems like the man of peace who assembled it botched it up: it did not fully explode, luckily.

garbon

I'm not sure I understand that line other than to make it sure it's clear one is a douche.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2017, 07:41:49 AM
I'm not sure I understand that line other than to make it sure it's clear one is a douche.

Is that based on something in the actual sentence, or just a general conclusion on me?

Razgovory

Quote from: Tamas on September 15, 2017, 07:27:13 AM
Quote from: Liep on September 15, 2017, 05:50:56 AM

Seems like the man of peace who assembled it botched it up: it did not fully explode, luckily.

Well, Tyr was wrong again.  They aren't more competent
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on September 15, 2017, 07:41:49 AM

One of you may be a douche, but it's not Tamas :P
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Has there been any confirmation London was anything to do with Islamic extremists yet?
Do recall the most recent terror in the UK:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/national-action-neo-nazi-soldiers-arrests-far-right-terror-charges-plot-extremism-inquiry-calls-a7933356.html

Either way this amused me:
http://newsthump.com/2017/09/15/london-is-lost-claims-alt-right-snowflake-doing-literally-everything-isis-want-from-him/

Quote'London is lost', claims alt-right snowflake doing literally everything ISIS want from him

Alt-right snowflake
A terrified little man-child with big opinions is saying precisely what ISIS want him to say, according to sources this morning.

As police reported an explosion on a tube train at Parsons Green tube station was being treated as a terrorist attack, alt-right nutjob Jack Williams told his thousands of social media followers that the nation's capital is now 'lost'.

He told his YouTube followers on a swiftly recorded hot-take, "ISIS has won, London is now a complete no-go area because libtard do-gooders are too worried about virtue signalling to actually do what's needed, which is to ban Muslim immigrants and send the ones already here back where they came from.

"I am red-pilling an entire generation into understanding that this is what's needed," he concluded, before he was shouted at by his off-screen mother for not putting his rice crispies bowl in the dishwasher.

An ISIS spokesperson spoke of his pleasure at Williams' video efforts, telling us, "Having Londoners turn on the Muslim community is quite literally what we want you all to do.

"The odd bomb or car driving into the public isn't going to defeat a city of nine million people – we know that, we're not idiots. We do it so the frightened little boys among you will do our recruiting for us.

"So please, continue getting angry at all the immigrants, the Muslim communities, and blame them for our actions, because right now that's the only way we get the holy war we desperately crave.

"We've tried recruiting Muslims ourselves, but it turns out the vast majority of them actually quite like life in the west, and much prefer it to our medieval interpretation of the Koran.

"So our only hope now is by triggering racist simpletons into attacking Muslims for us. On that point, you should all be following Katie Hopkins; she talks an awful lot of sense."

Quote from: Jacob on September 14, 2017, 01:08:35 PM

Probably not, but Tyr conflating all Christians and talking about stuff in his vicinity is just Tyr's general lack of precision and free association posting, not whataboutism IMO.

It was intentional, since the far right loves to group all muslims together and tar them all with the wahabist nutter brush.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 15, 2017, 08:40:47 AM
It was intentional, since the far right loves to group all muslims together and tar them all with the wahabist nutter brush.

And I agree that is irresponsible and very bad. These strike me as reasons not to do it to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

If only it was limited to the far right.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017