News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

That moron King (Moron, R-IA) says all this political violence is "coming from the left" LOL

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 14, 2017, 11:04:39 AM
Now, can we get gun control?

This has nothing to do with gun control.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

DontSayBanana

Way I see it, there are three possibilities:

1) Extreme unluckiness. This dude was looking to shoot up a bunch of people, and he happened on the field that just happened to have a bunch of congressmen on it. Wrong place, wrong time.

2) Stalker. This guy was looking for a particular congressman (maybe Scalise, maybe someone else) and had scoped out that they were likely to be at this game at this time. Support is that the shooter just happened to hit the only one there who was part of congressional leadership.

3) If Scalise hadn't brought his own security, you'd be looking at 20-30 congressmen without protection. For somebody looking to do as much damage as possible to the House, that would have been basically the perfect soft target.

My money's on 3, and I suspect we'll find some kind of manifesto after some digging.
Experience bij!

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 14, 2017, 11:04:39 AM
Now, can we get gun control?

Never going to happen. The Supreme Court has spoken.

Well ok it would require an amendment to the Constitution.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 14, 2017, 11:10:32 AM

1) Extreme unluckiness. This dude was looking to shoot up a bunch of people, and he happened on the field that just happened to have a bunch of congressmen on it. Wrong place, wrong time.

2) Stalker. This guy was looking for a particular congressman (maybe Scalise, maybe someone else) and had scoped out that they were likely to be at this game at this time. Support is that the shooter just happened to hit the only one there who was part of congressional leadership.

3) If Scalise hadn't brought his own security, you'd be looking at 20-30 congressmen without protection. For somebody looking to do as much damage as possible to the House, that would have been basically the perfect soft target.

My money's on 3, and I suspect we'll find some kind of manifesto after some digging.

Seems like a Bernie supporter trying to take out the bad guys. I really hope that is not the case though.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2017, 11:16:05 AM
Quote from: DontSayBanana on June 14, 2017, 11:10:32 AM

Seems like a Bernie supporter trying to take out the bad guys. I really hope that is not the case though.

There was an early claim from one of the bystanders that he had asked first if they were Republicans or Democrats.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

CountDeMoney

Now see, that's the kind of politeness your usual right-wing violence has been missing.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

Even the left wingers are arming themselves nowadays. Who would have thought.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

The Minsky Moment

White men with guns have cause more death and destruction than any other demographic group.  Need a travel ban until we can figure out what is going on.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Valmy

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 14, 2017, 11:58:51 AM
White men with guns have cause more death and destruction than any other demographic group.  Need a travel ban until we can figure out what is going on.

Well we are mostly fucking insane. But besides that we are lovely.

I hope that clarifies things.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on June 14, 2017, 11:58:51 AM

No, no, no...just on the left, like back in the 70's with Obama's buddy, you know, that guy from the Weather Channel.