News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Acts of Terrorism megathread

Started by mongers, August 04, 2016, 08:32:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Wow that is terrible. I hope he fully recovers.

The shooter is dead eh? Interesting. Has ISIS taken credit yet?

Edit: The shooter was a middle aged overweight white guy. Moderate overweight middle aged white guys like myself condemn this attack.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

There is some kind of fire in London as well. Arson? I guess I am getting paranoid these days. The terrorists have won.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on June 14, 2017, 07:50:51 AM
There is some kind of fire in London as well. Arson? I guess I am getting paranoid these days. The terrorists have won.

Yes, I'd reckon it would be a good idea to stop starting your own rumors.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2017, 08:07:57 AM

Yes, I'd reckon it would be a good idea to stop starting your own rumors.

My apologies. I was just saying my instinctive reaction, I did not mean to imply I knew anything.

viper37

Quote from: Liep on June 14, 2017, 07:24:16 AM
I'd stay the fuck inside my room. :o
If you were to do that everytime there's a shooting in the US, nobody would ever do anything.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

viper37

apparently, the building was a fire hazard, and building fire alarms were not heard, only individual smoke detectors.

There were renovations done in 2013, so I'm a little surprised that there would be no functionning alarms in the building, no sprinklers, no easily&sufficient stairwells with 1-2 hrs fire protection.  From the looks of it, it does seem to be a recent construction.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

CountDeMoney

I have a friend in Alexandria on a business trip, he's updating from his hotel room that one congress member is dead and there's multiple shootings in the city. Then: "I'm leaving for the conference". I'd stay the fuck inside my room. :o

There's always multiple shootings in the city :lol:

FunkMonk

Reporting in. Other than maybe a few extra Capitol Police around, nothing unusual here.  :bowler:

*activates FB American flag filter*
Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

Liep

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2017, 08:38:08 AM
I have a friend in Alexandria on a business trip, he's updating from his hotel room that one congress member is dead and there's multiple shootings in the city. Then: "I'm leaving for the conference". I'd stay the fuck inside my room. :o

There's always multiple shootings in the city :lol:

Forgive me, it's been months since there was a shooting here. :P
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

CountDeMoney

Oh snap
Not only is this an obviously partisan shooting--sez POTUS and Kellyanne--the shooter is from WAIT FOR IT Chicago.

garbon

They wanted the street awash with guns.

Social media revealed him to be a Bernie supporter. And he hated on that Georgian candidate who says as a conservative she doesn't supporting a livable wage...
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on June 14, 2017, 10:34:32 AM
Oh snap
Not only is this an obviously partisan shooting--sez POTUS and Kellyanne--the shooter is from WAIT FOR IT Chicago.

I was hoping we'd get your detective expertise on the shooter and his motivation, without having to hear it from Drumpf and Kellyanne :(

I mean, you totally nailed the San Bernardino suspects and all.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on June 14, 2017, 10:39:03 AM
I was hoping we'd get your detective expertise on the shooter and his motivation, without having to hear it from Drumpf and Kellyanne :(

I bet you were hoping it was one of those darkies you dream about capping one evening at Red Lobster even more, derniggerhater.
HE HAD SKITTLES

QuoteI mean, you totally nailed the San Bernardino suspects and all.

Workplace violence?  Yup.

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on June 14, 2017, 10:35:23 AM
They wanted the street awash with guns.

Social media revealed him to be a Bernie supporter. And he hated on that Georgian candidate who says as a conservative she doesn't supporting a livable wage...

Oh dear.

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.