Ritual disembowelment
10 (26.3%)
Seizure watching Jap TV
14 (36.8%)
Other
5 (13.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Josquius

Combini food is great.Oh how I miss it. Karage kun, family chicken, spicy chicken, American dog....
And those super cheap 7-11 tuna sandwiches.
██████
██████
██████

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Jacob

Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
...and yet he used to mock the shit out of me for eating at a gas station. :rolleyes:

Japanese 7-11 food > American gas station food

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Jacob on August 04, 2016, 05:47:42 PM
Quote from: Caliga on August 04, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
...and yet he used to mock the shit out of me for eating at a gas station. :rolleyes:

Japanese 7-11 food > American gas station food

Yeah. No shit, Cal.

Admiral Yi

I've had pretty good food in diners attached to gas stations.  It's truck stop food.

CountDeMoney

You know, for as much bullshit as truckers go through as a career, some of those truck stops have some bad ass amenities. 
Then again, I've seen rigs with widescreens in them, so times are definitely changing.

Drakken

Quote from: CountDeMoney on August 04, 2016, 08:22:35 PM
You know, for as much bullshit as truckers go through as a career, some of those truck stops have some bad ass amenities. 
Then again, I've seen rigs with widescreens in them, so times are definitely changing.

But they still do not have doorknobs all made of chocolate. :cry:

Lettow77

While I admit that Japanese convenience stores have better food than American ones in my experience, it seems a stretch to call it good. Japanese food is certainly terrible in the main, and I could see the safety and relief that a convenience store with familiar markings and edible western food would present.

But Ed, if you do find yourself returning to a 7-11, I recommend this wonderful ice cream. Nibbling daintily on my Royal Milk Tea Crispy Sandwich, it is not hard for me to be transported to a gentler world, in which I am a Princess of the blood and northern hirelings can only look with longing upon the garden tea times of my stately realm.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Liep

Also try the Häagen-Dazs with green beans!
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Sheilbh

Asian 7-11s are wonderful. Don't have them in the UK so can't judge then in comparison
Let's bomb Russia!

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Brazen

Quote from: Sheilbh on August 05, 2016, 06:32:47 AM
Asian 7-11s are wonderful. Don't have them in the UK so can't judge then in comparison
We used to. There was one in Finchley I used to go to when buying stuff after 6pm was still a novelty! Those in Scandinavia are far superior. I think the display cabinet of slowly rotating hotdogs is a universal and timeless feature.

Liep

7-11 here actually has very good food, several delicious fresh sandwiches and various ready to eat meals. Problem is that its very expensive.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Monoriu