Democratic National Convention MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, July 25, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

The email conspiracies fully explained here:

http://m.theregister.co.uk/2016/07/25/latest_on_the_dnc_email_conspiracies/

The very latest on the DNC email conspiracy. Which conspiracy? All of them, of course!

Anti-semitic, Trump-loving Russians battle with Bernie-hating Clinton acolytes
By Kieren McCarthy, 25 Jul 2016

It was devastating. Absolutely devastating. It's hard to imagine anyone surviving such a shocking revelation. But they probably will of course. Thanks to their connections, if you know what I mean.

What are we talking about? Take your pick because election season is upon us and everyone, absolutely everyone is up to no good and we must shout and yell and tweet and get outrageously angry at whoever is responsible for all of this.
First up: Putin

That Russian monster is personally responsible for the leaks of the emails from the Democratic National Committee's (DNC's) account. Is he actually "Guccifer 2.0" – the hacker that did it? Probably not. No wait, yes, he probably is.

The Russians. Trying to undermine the Greatest Democracy the World Has Ever Known by, umm, publishing people's own emails. And why did he do it – aside from being the embodiment of pure evil? Because he loves Trump! And Trump loves him!

Is Trump a secret Russian mole? No, that's too far. But hang on, maybe yes. We all hate Trump, everyone hates Trump, even the people that will vote for him as president, they hate him. And that could be the majority of the United States' population. That's a lot of hate.

And now Trump's doing a deal with Russia. First Trump says he won't uphold Article 5 of the NATO treaty and then just a few days later, out come these emails. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

Except of course it's all just made up.

Next up: Rooby Mook
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom

dps

Quote from: CountDeMoney on July 25, 2016, 10:38:23 PM
Bernie delegate #2, "Clinton has to do more on her end to trust...we don't know much about her."   

WTF?  Not trusting Hillary is one thing, but if you don't know much about her, you've been living under a rock for the past quarter century.

Quote from: ValmyBut hey all you right wingers are fucking me over on the free trade and international alliances as well these days.

Hey!  When have I not been pro free trade? 

I have no idea what you're even talking about as far as international alliances go.

Liep

"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

jimmy olsen

Quote from: dps on July 26, 2016, 07:00:54 AM
Bernie delegate #2, "Clinton has to do more on her end to trust...we don't know much about her."   

WTF?  Not trusting Hillary is one thing, but if you don't know much about her, you've been living under a rock for the past quarter century.

Quote from: ValmyBut hey all you right wingers are fucking me over on the free trade and international alliances as well these days.

Hey!  When have I not been pro free trade? 

I have no idea what you're even talking about as far as international alliances go.

Confusing you with derspiess I think?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 26, 2016, 08:03:49 AM
Confusing you with derspiess I think?

And you're confusing me with someone else, apparently.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: dps on July 26, 2016, 07:00:54 AM

Yeah, that one was a moron. She had to have been in her late 20's.  Sweetie, Hillary was on 60 Minutes before you were even born.

Watching Rachel Maddow goof on the naïveté of the Bernie delegates was a hoot, though.  You don realize you are at the Democratic National Convention, right?

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Phillip V

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Baron von Schtinkenbutt

Quote from: Monoriu on July 25, 2016, 10:45:02 PM
I am amazed, disappointed, and baffled that as unpleasant as Trump is, he remains competitive in the polls.

That is because people in this country vote based on the little letter next to the candidate.  The Republicans could nominate Zombie Hitler and the Democrats could nominate Zombie Stalin and one of them would win, regardless of who else ran.

Valmy

Quote from: Baron von Schtinkenbutt on July 26, 2016, 11:04:25 AM
I am amazed, disappointed, and baffled that as unpleasant as Trump is, he remains competitive in the polls.

That is because people in this country vote based on the little letter next to the candidate.  The Republicans could nominate Zombie Hitler and the Democrats could nominate Zombie Stalin and one of them would win, regardless of who else ran.

Well it doesn't help that the two major third parties are completely and utterly insane and idiotic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

frunk

I think that's changing, which is part of the reason this election is so wonky.  There's a large group that either dislike the current parties or politicians, hence the popularity of outsider candidates like Trump, Sanders, Johnson and Stein.  However there's still a sizable body of party loyalists, which mean outsider candidates do better by hijacking one of the two main parties rather than working through a third party.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 26, 2016, 11:25:39 AM

Well it doesn't help that the two major third parties are completely and utterly insane and idiotic.

Indeed.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.