Democratic National Convention MEGATHREAD

Started by Admiral Yi, July 25, 2016, 06:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on August 01, 2016, 09:56:23 AM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on August 01, 2016, 02:59:54 AM
Apparently the plan is to basically extort the money from Mexico: The Trump administration will propose a regulation that would prevent undocumented aliens from wiring money outside of the United States--and then drop it on the condition that Mexico agrees to pay for the Wall.

Yes that is what his campaign has said.  impound remittances.  Unconstitutional, unenforceable and would threaten the credibility of the entire dollar-based payments system.  I.e. typical Trump.

The proposal was set forth in a memo the campaign sent earlier this year to the Washington Post after the Post pressed for details:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/page/politics/memo-explains-how-donald-trump-plans-to-pay-for-border-wall/2007/

There is a reference to certain detailed regulations at 31 CFR 130.120-121.  Trump proposes an amendment to 31 CFR130.121.
There is no 31 CFR 130.120-121.  The entire Part 130 has been reserved

Don't worry, Grumbler doesn't know anyone who believes those claims.  So there is no concern Trump will win.  Right?

If only that was true.  :(

grumbler

Quote from: crazy canuck on August 01, 2016, 10:49:57 AM
Don't worry, Grumbler doesn't know anyone who believes those claims.  So there is no concern Trump will win.  Right?

:lmfao: Find whoever it was that taught you logic, and get a refund! 
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

crazy canuck

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

I miss our little banter Grumbles.  You are a real gem  :)

garbon

Quote from: grumbler on August 01, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

All my sales are final. Says so in the policy.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 31, 2016, 09:49:45 PM
I could see Yemeni drone strikes and drone recon being based out of Saudi.  Probably no secure sites left in Yemen.

Djibouti seems to be the better option. Right across the door, less hassle than with those headhunters.