BarristerBoy: You Were Right, I Was Wrong

Started by alfred russel, July 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Back at some point in the primary, I strongly argued that Trump would not be the nominee. BarristerBoy, who apparently has less faith in Americans, said he would be the nominee and offered to let me pick a sig for him if it did not come to pass. Somewhere along the way, BarristerBoy called on me to admit I was wrong, and I declined, deferring admitting any error until the Republicans put both barrels of a shotgun up their ass and pulled the trigger.

Now that they have done so: BarristerBoy, you were right, and I was wrong. You were wise, and I was stupid.

There were others besides BarristerBoy that were similarly arguing the same points as him, but I can't remember who they are. To those people: congratulations. If you are American, hopefully the satisfaction will keep you warm through the unheated Trump winters. If you are foreign, the nuclear fire will likely keep you warm, but hopefully this will too.

However, I do not count Tim among their number. Tim predicts that every possible disaster will come to pass, be it terrorism, ebola, Trump, or the Patriots going undefeated. A broken clock is right twice a day. Tim is not quite as savvy.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: alfred russel on July 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM

However, I do not count Tim among their number. Tim predicts that every possible disaster will come to pass, be it terrorism, ebola, Trump, or the Patriots going undefeated. A broken clock is right twice a day. Tim is not quite as savvy.

What outrageously poor sportsmanship! :angry:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

alfred russel

Quote from: jimmy olsen on July 19, 2016, 10:12:55 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on July 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM

What outrageously poor sportsmanship! :angry:

We weren't playing a sport, or a game, or anything else. Lots of people made predictions, I made another prediction. I'm just giving credit where I think it is due.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Eddie Teach

Three of four of those happened so maybe Tim is more sagacious than you realize  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

It brings me no pleasure to be right on this.  :ph34r:

But I was right, and you were wrong.

Maybe I should dig up my "See I told you so" thread again... :hmm:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Legbiter

Posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Richard Hakluyt

I'm pre-emptively going the other way now. So Trump will be elected, as will Marine Le Pen, meanwhile BoJo will headbutt Juncker and the UK will be expelled from the EU in ignominy.

celedhring

The Brain

If I'm ever wrong I shall post a thread like this one. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 20, 2016, 04:17:40 AM
I'm pre-emptively going the other way now. So Trump will be elected, as will Marine Le Pen, meanwhile BoJo will headbutt Juncker and the UK will be expelled from the EU in ignominy.

You trying to turn me on? :wub:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

Quote from: celedhring on July 20, 2016, 05:12:54 AM
Can we unplug 2016 and turn it back on?

So that we have to go through the same crappy events again? 

Valmy

Worst year in a while. My parents were comparing it to the 60s for all the shit going bad constantly. I noted that so long as we can have another musical decade like the 70s it might all be worth it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 08:11:47 AM

Worst year in a while. My parents were comparing it to the 60s for all the shit going bad constantly. I noted that so long as we can have another musical decade like the 70s it might all be worth it.

The 70's are coming back in home decor.  :)

Well, the wallpaper bit.  :yuk:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

alfred russel

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on July 20, 2016, 04:17:40 AM

Democracy may have been a bad idea after all.