BarristerBoy: You Were Right, I Was Wrong

Started by alfred russel, July 19, 2016, 10:07:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 08:11:47 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 20, 2016, 05:12:54 AM
Can we unplug 2016 and turn it back on?

Worst year in a while. My parents were comparing it to the 60s for all the shit going bad constantly. I noted that so long as we can have another musical decade like the 70s it might all be worth it.

:boggle:

The 70s were shit for music.  I mean, it's the decade that gave us disco for God's sake.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on July 20, 2016, 09:36:58 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 20, 2016, 08:11:47 AM
Quote from: celedhring on July 20, 2016, 05:12:54 AM
Can we unplug 2016 and turn it back on?

Worst year in a while. My parents were comparing it to the 60s for all the shit going bad constantly. I noted that so long as we can have another musical decade like the 70s it might all be worth it.

:boggle:

The 70s were shit for music.  I mean, it's the decade that gave us disco for God's sake.

Play that funky music pleat boy.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

celedhring

The 1960s had all those unbearable bubble gum bands too. Every decade has its lows but the 70s had so many highs (musical and lysergical).

grumbler

A collision between a Trump presidency and Erdogan's regime might be amusing, or it might be terrifying.  It won't be boring, though.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Erdogan is every conservative republican's wet dream.  A democratic theocracy based on God's law with a strong President.  :luv:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

grumbler

Quote from: viper37 on July 20, 2016, 10:32:43 AM
Erdogan is every conservative republican's wet dream.  A democratic theocracy based on God's law with a strong President.  :luv:

His tacit alliance with ISIS might cool your ardor.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!