Afghan refugee goes on axe rampage on German train

Started by Hamilcar, July 18, 2016, 07:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2016, 07:00:36 AM
The main problem in Sweden is that we don't have a society that gives the correct feedback to people with disruptive views or behavior. This completely regardless of the color of their skin or name of their god.

Yes, that is the main problem in general.

The Brain

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 20, 2016, 07:02:19 AM
@Brain: I recently read that the Swedish political class is convinced (or pretends to be convinced) that right wing extremism, rather than radical Islam, is the most significant threat to Swedish society. How correct is this?

That has certainly been the case until the recent past, but I'm not sure if it's still true. This last year they changed the official line on asylum seekers (from "the more the merrier" to "OK we might not desperately need more") and they now talk more of "Swedish values" and "integration". They may have dropped that particular bizarre fiction you mention.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Siege

@Brain: I recently read that the Swedish political class is convinced (or pretends to be convinced) that right wing extremism, rather than radical Islam, is the most significant threat to Swedish society. How correct is this?

That's the same everywhere.
The left see the right as its greatest threat because the right can win elections and kick the left out. Terrorists don't win elections, at least on the west, therefore making the right the greatest threat for the left.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Hamilcar

Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2016, 07:09:00 AM

That has certainly been the case until the recent past, but I'm not sure if it's still true. This last year they changed the official line on asylum seekers (from "the more the merrier" to "OK we might not desperately need more") and they now talk more of "Swedish values" and "integration". They may have dropped that particular bizarre fiction you mention.

Thanks. Is there a concern of the pendulum swinging too far to the other side? Or are the changes for now healthy?

The Brain

Quote from: Hamilcar on July 20, 2016, 07:22:09 AM
Quote from: The Brain on July 20, 2016, 07:09:00 AM

Thanks. Is there a concern of the pendulum swinging too far to the other side? Or are the changes for now healthy?

Well the changes are from an extreme to something slightly less extreme, so they seem healthy.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.