Valmy

I got:
1. Cluj-Napoca, Romania
2. Vienna, Austria
3. Tartu, Estonia
4. Zurich, Switzerland
5. Singapore

:blink:

Among US Cities Austin came in #3 behind Madison and Boulder. Which, to the best of my knowledge, are basically just colder versions of Austin.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Admiral Yi

Madison is pretty different from Austin IMO.  Less highway-ish, more scruffy alt rock hippy-ish, less tight jeans blues-ish.

Richard Hakluyt

1. Copenhagen
2. Vienna
3. Utrecht
4. Singapore
5. Eindhoven

That makes sense, perhaps apart from Singapore, though I loved it when I did live there (50 years ago).

Savonarola

1.) Tallinn, Estonia
2.) Tartu, Estonia
3.) Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4.) Minsk, Belarus
5.) Vilnius, Lithuania

What an adventure those would be; but I don't think I could talk my wife to moving into any of those places.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

Savonarola

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2016, 12:53:46 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:42:59 PM
Ok what about Thunder Bay? That sounds like a dungeon in a MMORPG. Home of Dread Orc Pirates.

I've been through Thunder Bay and there weren't any Orcs in sight, alas - it's more about Tim Horton's and a minor league hockey team.

Don't believe him, Valmy, Jacob just wants all the Dread Orc Pirate gold for himself.
In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace—and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock

The Larch

Quote from: Savonarola on July 07, 2016, 03:10:36 PM
1.) Tallinn, Estonia
2.) Tartu, Estonia
3.) Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4.) Minsk, Belarus
5.) Vilnius, Lithuania

What an adventure those would be; but I don't think I could talk my wife to moving into any of those places.

What did you select to end up in the Eastern Bloc?  :lol:

Jacob

Quote from: Savonarola on July 07, 2016, 03:11:48 PM
Don't believe him, Valmy, Jacob just wants all the Dread Orc Pirate gold for himself.

:whistle:

Savonarola

Quote from: The Larch on July 07, 2016, 03:24:46 PM
Quote from: Savonarola on July 07, 2016, 03:10:36 PM
1.) Tallinn, Estonia
2.) Tartu, Estonia
3.) Cluj-Napoca, Romania
4.) Minsk, Belarus
5.) Vilnius, Lithuania

What did you select to end up in the Eastern Bloc?  :lol:

I said I wasn't overly worried about corruption or crime (being from Detroit and all 1.), but no to pollution or traffic (it was trying to stick me in Hyderabad before that).

1.)  Actually maybe I could talk CB into those places; it will be just like home, dear, only they speak Estonian.  You'll pick it up in no time.

Edit:  The only two cities on my top 10 that aren't in eastern Europe are Valencia and Porto.   :lol:

viper37

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 07, 2016, 12:53:32 PM
How can you write an article about the disadvantages of Canada and not mention winter?  :huh:
Because it's not? :)
Winter = no deadly snakes, no deadly spiders, no gigantic reptiles that take a kid from the beach and drag him underwater for a late nigh snack, no white sharks near the beaches, no nothing that could ambush you in the dark and bite you until you die an horrible painful death.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Jacob

Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2016, 04:08:50 PM
How can you write an article about the disadvantages of Canada and not mention winter?  :huh:
Winter = no deadly snakes, no deadly spiders, no gigantic reptiles that take a kid from the beach and drag him underwater for a late nigh snack, no white sharks near the beaches, no nothing that could ambush you in the dark and bite you until you die an horrible painful death.

Well, the cougars presumably have to eat during winter too, even if the bears hibernate.

DGuller

Another thing not mentioned in the article is that Canada seems to be filled to the brim with lawyers, if Languish is any indication.

grumbler

Quote from: Barrister on July 07, 2016, 12:21:07 PM
Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:15:47 PM
Regina could be interesting. You never know.

Regina? *spit*

No, let me tell you about a lovely prairie city called Saskatoon...

Buddy says hi.

Buddy's real talent was beating people up
His heart wasn't in it but the crowd ate it up
Through pee-wee's and juniors, midgets and mites
He must have racked up more than six hundred fights
A scout from the flames came down from Saskatoon
Said, "There's always room on our team for a goon..."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

viper37

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2016, 04:12:24 PM
Quote from: viper37 on July 07, 2016, 04:08:50 PM

Well, the cougars presumably have to eat during winter too, even if the bears hibernate.
No cougars where I live  :yeah:
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Barrister

Quote from: DGuller on July 07, 2016, 04:13:24 PM
Another thing not mentioned in the article is that Canada seems to be filled to the brim with lawyers, if Languish is any indication.

Yet another point in Canada's favour. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Josquius

Never experienced a Canadian winter but I can imagine it is fantastic.
All of the good sides (snow, being snug around a fire, bracing air) with none of the bad sides (darkness)
██████
██████
██████