And we're back!

Main Menu

Why Canada's a bit shit

Started by Brazen, July 07, 2016, 06:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2016, 11:57:43 AM
According to teleport.org I should move to Canada.  :unsure:

Do it!  Comes to Alberta - we have coal mines!  You'll feel right at home!
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Jacob

Alternately, you could probably swing a UX gig in Vancouver or Toronto... or one of the other, more interesting, places that BB can recommend :hug:

Valmy

Regina could be interesting. You never know.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2016, 12:10:29 PM
Alternately, you could probably swing a UX gig in Vancouver or Toronto... or one of the other, more interesting, places that BB can recommend :hug:

I think Tyr and I are very very different people, and what I think is interesting might be different from what he thinks is interesting. -_-

Barrister

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:15:47 PM

Regina? *spit*

No, let me tell you about a lovely prairie city called Saskatoon...

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:15:47 PM

'Regina - just two letters away from being interesting!'  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Josquius

QuoteI think Tyr and I are very very different people, and what I think is interesting might be different from what he thinks is interesting. -_-
:yes:
Rock > rocks

My list was
1: Vancouever
2: Tokyo
3: Toronto
4: Edinburgh
5: Ottawa

London (UK) was on the top 5 too until I ticked the box that said low crime was important :lol:

Its a cool little site anyway. Would be interesting to see it with more work.
██████
██████
██████

Valmy

Ok what about Thunder Bay? That sounds like a dungeon in a MMORPG. Home of Dread Orc Pirates.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on July 07, 2016, 12:42:59 PM
Ok what about Thunder Bay? That sounds like a dungeon in a MMORPG. Home of Dread Orc Pirates.

I'd tell you about the town of Dildo, Newfoundland, but that's probably not even legal in Texas.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Admiral Yi

How can you write an article about the disadvantages of Canada and not mention winter?  :huh:

Jacob

I've been through Thunder Bay and there weren't any Orcs in sight, alas - it's more about Tim Horton's and a minor league hockey team.

Malthus

Quote from: Jacob on July 07, 2016, 12:53:46 PM

I've been through Thunder Bay and there weren't any Orcs in sight, alas - it's more about Tim Horton's and a minor league hockey team.

Some minor hockey league parents can be as belligerent as Orcs ...  ;)

Grey Fox

I see that everyone is conveniently avoiding mentioning the real hot bed of software development in Canada.

Altho, Tyr can't go there, as he would die.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Barrister

Quote from: Tyr on July 07, 2016, 12:38:41 PM
QuoteI think Tyr and I are very very different people, and what I think is interesting might be different from what he thinks is interesting. -_-
:yes:
Rock > rocks

My list was
1: Vancouever
2: Tokyo
3: Toronto
4: Edinburgh
5: Ottawa

London (UK) was on the top 5 too until I ticked the box that said low crime was important :lol:

Its a cool little site anyway. Would be interesting to see it with more work.

My list is coming up as

1. Madison
2. Tallinn
3. Edinburgh
4. Boulder
5. Cluj-Napoca

Other than the fact I'm not moving to Romania any time soon, a pretty reasonable list.  I haven't been in awhile but Madison did seem like a very nice town.

Valmy

Quote from: Grey Fox on July 07, 2016, 12:58:18 PM
I see that everyone is conveniently avoiding mentioning the real hot bed of software development in Canada.

Altho, Tyr can't go there, as he would die.

He would still be subjected to all official signs and documents being in the language that shall not be named.