Breaking News - Attack On UK Politican, MP Murdered.

Started by mongers, June 16, 2016, 08:21:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

mongers

Quote from: Jacob on June 16, 2016, 06:31:30 PM
It seems the facts indicate that the assassin is a neo-Nazi: https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2016/06/16/alleged-killer-british-mp-was-longtime-supporter-neo-nazi-national-alliance

Interesting link, Jacob.

That improvised gun looks exactly like the one described by one of the witnesses, we even sketched for the news reporters what it looked like. He described it as looking ancient or home-made.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

The last MP murder not committed by an Irishman was Perceval in 1812.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 16, 2016, 02:52:52 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 16, 2016, 10:27:00 AM
In addition to the horror of the attack, it would be sad if this became a deciding factor in a very close EU referendum campaign?
it very well might.
Reminds me of the Pim Fortuyn murder right before the Dutch elections a decade or so ago.
Wonder why he would do it though. Logical that this would hurt his cause there :hmm:
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Very interesting link.

Not sure the British media have spotted this yet.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tyr on June 17, 2016, 12:48:40 AM
Quote from: Crazy_Ivan80 on June 16, 2016, 02:52:52 PM
Quote from: mongers on June 16, 2016, 10:27:00 AM
In addition to the horror of the attack, it would be sad if this became a deciding factor in a very close EU referendum campaign?
it very well might.
Reminds me of the Pim Fortuyn murder right before the Dutch elections a decade or so ago.
Wonder why he would do it though. Logical that this would hurt his cause there :hmm:
In fairness Nazis aren't known for their famous grasp of logic.
Let's bomb Russia!

Sheilbh

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on June 17, 2016, 01:31:56 AM
Very interesting link.

Not sure the British media have spotted this yet.
Yeah. I'd seen some stuff about his links to the Springbok club but that's about it.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

Like Orlando it appears to be a case of nutter with a cause.

A downside of the internet perhaps. Mentally ill people can find places on it where they can get support and self-radicalise.

Sheilbh

Yeah. What a waste :(

Although I have loved watching Britain First's Facebook page go into lengthy post on why you shouldn't judge their entire movement by the actions of one lunatic  :lol:

Edit: Though having said that I did think Dennis McShane's comparison with Linda was interesting and his comment plebiscite = hate.
Let's bomb Russia!

Richard Hakluyt

I'm sure that Britain First's other four supporters are quite rational  :P

Or, serious point, I don't think there is much of this stuff going on in the UK, the attack was sui generis.

I couldn't help but laugh when I saw a pic of Farage at the flotilla yesterday. He was wearing a double-breasted blazer-type jacket with brass buttons..........of course he was  :P
That is Britain's "far right", or 99% of it, we are fortunate.

Maladict

Apparently she'd been getting threats in the mail and police were going to step up security. Not soon enough, though  :(

jimmy olsen

So sad, she seems like she was a wonderful person from everything I've read. :(
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Really striking and awful the number of journalists and politicians from all sides who are clearly struggling not to cry when they talk about her.

It makes you think how awful it must be in that small community :(

Edit: Also lots of MPs saying on Twitter that their surgeries will be going ahead as normal today. Which is admirable and, I think, the right response.

And it's not confirmed but it looks like the Tories won't contest the by election.
Let's bomb Russia!