This is why we need to stop being such douchebags about gun violence research

Started by Berkut, June 15, 2016, 10:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: 11B4V on June 15, 2016, 08:51:28 PM
It would appear marksmanship is improving.

Typical noncom grunt, thinking everything translates to range distance.

Not much marksmanship involved walking up and shooting somebody point-blank in the head.

Razgovory

Do gangsters get much time on the range?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

My theory is all the movies and shows that referenced "two in the chest and one in the head."

CountDeMoney

derspiess

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 15, 2016, 10:06:57 PM
My theory is all the movies and shows that referenced "two in the chest and one in the head."

That's what the cops are taught.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

CountDeMoney

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

jimmy olsen

:lmfao:

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2016, 09:06:03 PM
Man, it would have been funny seeing Seedy work as a cop in the 1990's.

Det: "We found a real house of horrors here.  Who ever the perps are they're sick.  More than one as well.  Look how they hung the body"
Seedy  "Yes, sir"
Det "judging from the decomposition this body has been up like this for at least three months"
Seedy, "Uh sir, I think we can call off the APB"
Det "Why is that"
Seedy "John Hopkins has been dead for over 100 years and this is a medical school"
Det "Good point, but we aren't canceling the APB".
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

11B4V

Fucking twat

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

derspiess

Quote from: 11B4V on June 16, 2016, 12:14:15 AM
Fucking twat

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions — loud like a bomb — gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201

What a pussy.  PTSD?  Smell of sulfur and destruction?  And how on earth does the recoil from an AR bruise your shoulder?  The recoil spring and buffer bring recoil down to .22 levels.

The non-gun people I've taken shooting have all enjoyed themselves, much to their own surprise. 
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

viper37

Even though I don't know much about guns, it seems silly (as in, counter-productive) that a military caliber weapon would have such nasty after-effects on the shooters.

I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Malthus

Quote from: 11B4V on June 16, 2016, 12:14:15 AM
Fucking twat

:lol:

Next time, give him my dad's old ten-gage.  ;)

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

derspiess

I shot a 12-gauge for the first time a few months back.  The 00 buckshot load did hurt my shoulder (no bruising) and my brief PTSD was overcome by the hilarity of the milk jug exploding.