Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonitrus

Isn't it almost time for Civ VII to be due?  :P

mongers

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 05, 2019, 01:41:19 PM
Isn't it almost time for Civ VII to be due?  :P

I noticed Civ VI is heavily discounted on steam at the moment,70% off I think.

Also as mentioned by Eddie Teach in the other thread Civilization Revolution 2 is fun and seems to have embraced Civ VI's cartoon graphics in a more appropriate way.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tonitrus

If Civ goes the way SimCity, I will be the sad.

DGuller

Quote from: Syt on February 05, 2019, 12:59:52 PM
https://civilization.com/news/entries/civilization-vi-gathering-storm-first-look-eleanor-aquitaine-leader-england-france/

QuoteFor the first time in Civilization franchise history, we have a leader able to lead two different civilizations!

Eleanor, duchess of Aquitaine, was queen consort of France from 1137 – 1152, followed by England from 1154 – 1189. She was one of the most influential figures of the Middle Ages, thanks to her vast land holdings inherited at a young age, making her one of the most sought-after brides of the time.

She was a leader in the Second Crusade and is credited with establishing many of the royal court's chivalric rituals– the social codes rooted in Christianity that guided the behavior of knights and women of high social standing.

ELEANOR UNIQUE ABILITY – COURT OF LOVE

Great Works in Eleanor's cities each cause a loss of Loyalty per turn in nearby foreign cities. A city that leaves another civilization due to a loss of Loyalty and is currently receiving the most Loyalty per turn from Eleanor skips the Free City step and instantly joins her civilization.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=110&v=qZBzWTmerDE
In my game as France, both me and England had her as the leader.  She must've been good at multitasking.

Valmy

Well I mean she ruled like a quarter of France while being Queen of England so I guess she was.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

You can have as many of the same leader in the same game as you want. There's a setting that lets you either enable or disable multiple copies of the same leader.

DGuller

Is there any way to turn off or at least turn down the climate change?  It's either an inconsequential mechanic, or a really annoying one making for bad gaming experience, depending on who you're playing as.

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on February 20, 2019, 09:23:35 AM
Is there any way to turn off or at least turn down the climate change?  It's either an inconsequential mechanic, or a really annoying one making for bad gaming experience, depending on who you're playing as.

This Is the spirit of our age.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Tamas

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on February 20, 2019, 09:23:35 AM
Ok Rush. :rolleyes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Been playing a bit of Civ6's new expansion over the last few days. Been playing on second lowest difficulty to learn the systems. I got bored around the Renaissance. I'm ok with the game layering on more complexities in future ages. But a lot of it feels just a bit tedious, between managing envoys, planning districts, going for the Eureka thingies to accelerate research (which feels mandatory, not "nice if you can get it", so not much player choice), setting trade routes, etc. I just feel that playing CK2 or EU4 is the less micro-heavy alternative, and with the feeling that most decisions have multiple feasible options (who to marry, where to expand, etc.). In Civ6 I often feel there's only a very small number of ways of doing this if you want to do well.

I might be wrong, though. I have less than 50 hours in that game.

I liked the recent Civ games (4, 5, Beyond Earth) for being relatively casual, something to play on semi-autopilot while listening to a podcast or watching Twitch. Play a game or two on medium or near medium difficulty to scratch that Civ itch and then move on. Civ6 is too needy for me, I guess.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Tamas

The game is ridicoulously easy below King difficulty though, that adds a signifcant portion of boredom no matter the mechanics.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

KRonn

I haven't played Civ VI for a while but was thinking about firing it up again. Now with an expansion it may make be interesting to try it out.  I do hope the series continues and even though I don't play as much it's still a great gaming series.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on February 20, 2019, 12:46:46 PM
The game is ridicoulously easy below King difficulty though, that adds a signifcant portion of boredom no matter the mechanics.
I think it's tedious no matter the difficulty.  Every time I try to get into Civ 6, at some point pretty soon I go "this feels like work, and not fun work".  Something about the game is very off, but it's hard to put a finger on what exactly.