News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Civilization VI

Started by Zanza, May 11, 2016, 10:48:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Syt on May 24, 2020, 01:01:13 PM
Also, Simon Bolivar/Gran Colombia might be "a bit" OP: https://youtu.be/Xk0QVqx-1Ss?t=147

If that is Simon Bolivar I would hate to see how powerful Pablo Morillo is :P

How can Gran Colombia be a civilization? It barely existed as a country.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

Better than Brazil <_<

Still waiting for Mexico with Juarez. One day.
Let's bomb Russia!

DGuller

Also, Simon Bolivar/Gran Colombia might be "a bit" OP: https://youtu.be/Xk0QVqx-1Ss?t=147
That part always annoyed me.  Every time some civ gets added to the game, it has to get some completely overpowered mechanic to stand out, which both breaks the balance as well as makes the most historically relevant Civs underpowered.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on June 01, 2020, 01:01:27 PM

He should be an alternate leader for Spain. 2500 years from now, no one will be able to tell the difference. If Sparta, Athens, Syracues, etc all count as Greece all those former Spanish colonies count as Spain and the same is true for the US/Britain/Australia, NZ and Ireland all being English.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

garbon

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 02, 2020, 04:38:14 AM

He should be an alternate leader for Spain. 2500 years from now, no one will be able to tell the difference. If Sparta, Athens, Syracues, etc all count as Greece all those former Spanish colonies count as Spain and the same is true for the US/Britain/Australia, NZ and Ireland all being English.

What are you smoking? :huh:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Sheilbh

Suddenly I desperately need a DLC with Ireland, leader: Eamon de Valera (and I can't stand that long fellow) :ultra:
Let's bomb Russia!

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2020, 05:52:20 AM

He has a point though. 2500 years from now absolutely nobody will bother to understand the subtle differences that make US and British culture different, for example.

The Brain

Quote from: Tamas on June 02, 2020, 06:44:58 AM

He has a point though. 2500 years from now absolutely nobody will bother to understand the subtle differences that make US and British culture different, for example.

:yes: Sparta and Athens? Bah, they're Greeks!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

celedhring

Geographical proximity plays a big part in having all greek city-states fuse together in the mind of the modern viewer. The only way I can see this happening with UK/Spain and their colonies is if we start colonizing planets.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: The Brain on June 02, 2020, 07:02:30 AM

The average knowledge of the difference between the two on this forum represent, like half a percent of the current population.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 02, 2020, 07:08:56 AM
Quote from: The Brain on June 02, 2020, 07:02:30 AM

The average knowledge of the difference between the two on this forum represent, like half a percent of the current population.

Madness!
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

So a consideration radically different from that used even in CIV 1?

And if we can recall the differences between Romans and Greeks, not sure why that wouldn't be the case for Americans vs British given the differences in regions under their political control at the heights of their respective powers.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on June 02, 2020, 07:16:12 AM

So a consideration radically different from that used even in CIV 1?

And if we can recall the differences between Romans and Greeks, not sure why that wouldn't be the case for Americans vs British given the differences in regions under their political control at the heights of their respective powers.

Ask an average person to outline the difference between Greeks and Romans apart from their different empires at different time periods.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Tamas on June 02, 2020, 07:33:33 AM
Ask an average person to outline the difference between Greeks and Romans apart from their different empires at different time periods.
Why does it matter what the average person thinks?

There are entire degrees built around the Greeks and Romans - the knowledge that they're different has not disappeared.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on June 02, 2020, 07:38:47 AM
Quote from: Tamas on June 02, 2020, 07:33:33 AM
Why does it matter what the average person thinks?

There are entire degrees built around the Greeks and Romans - the knowledge that they're different has not disappeared.

Exactly.

Also, in a different vein, ask the average person what Civilization VI is? :P