News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight Struggle is out on Steam

Started by Drakken, April 16, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Another loss to Habs. Final round of final turn, I couldn't avoid def con suicide by playing Star Wars, allowing Habs to pick up a card from discard and use the event to degrade def con in my turn. He probably would have gotten a win in final scoring anyway, but feels like this one could have gone either way pretty easily.

Habbaku

:yes:  Was a very close game.  I was despairing heading into the last turn, since my cards basically forced me into certain paths.  My last two cards were Aldrich Ames and Asia Scoring--was going to play Ames to avoid giving you the VPs for Asia again, but not sure I could have picked up the VPs necessary to get a win.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

bogh

One of my favorite things about the game is that a lot of the time both players will feel like they're loosing. Really does a wonderful job at creating constant tension for you.

Razgovory

I find it very difficult as the Americans.  I once got 19 points, but accidently ended the game by nuclear war.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Seen

Quote from: Razgovory on June 09, 2016, 06:50:03 PM
I find it very difficult as the Americans.  I once got 19 points, but accidently ended the game by nuclear war.
I find this game overall pretty hard. Especially because I lack the skill to count cards. But losing at 19 points is hard.

Razgovory

I've finally begun to win games.  I now know which cards will suicide you.  It is a fun way to pass the time.  Often I'll play a turn or two and then quit for a while and pick up sometime later.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Caliga

FYI it's on sale at the moment.  Just bought it. :cool:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Berkut

It was released on iOS - but I don't know if your account links or not. If it does, I would certainly buy it.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

bogh

Quote from: Berkut on June 25, 2016, 09:57:01 AM
It was released on iOS - but I don't know if your account links or not. If it does, I would certainly buy it.

It does.

sbr

I bought the game and am back home and would be interested in games if anyone wants to deal with a complete beginner.  sbr32 is my ID

Habbaku

For reference:

The USSR immediately gets 1 VP regardless of what happens with the event.  The UN Intervention interaction just means that, if UN Intervention is played during the same turn, the USSR gets another VP.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

sbr

Damn I just realized that and edited my post but you beat me.  :lol:

Thanks for the answer though.

PJL

Just bought this today and I'm really digging into this game. Very much one of those games where you have to juggle a lot of different goals and the random card system helps to make it more interesting and different for each game.

sbr

I have still not played a human opponent yet, so if anyone is up for a game or two before the big tournament I'd be up for it.

The Brain

Quote from: sbr on November 22, 2016, 11:05:31 PM
I have still not played a human opponent yet, so if anyone is up for a game or two before the big tournament I'd be up for it.

Are Otherkin as annoying as they seem?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.