News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Twilight Struggle is out on Steam

Started by Drakken, April 16, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bogh

Well, Habs certainly destroyed me. I didn't have the best of luck, but I amplified that by playing like a moron.

In other news, I am looking good against Berkut.

bogh

Quote from: bogh on May 08, 2016, 11:07:12 PM
Well, Habs certainly destroyed me. I didn't have the best of luck, but I amplified that by playing like a moron.

In other news, I am looking good against Berkut.

In the end, Berkut defcon suicided at the very end of the game. It was coming in pretty close by the end though.

In my new game against Habs, I am 10 points up, but my board position is precarious. We're just on the cusp of the late war, so if War-games shows up, I should be winning this, if not it's probably trending to Habs.

Berkut

Yeah, that game was frustrating - I could see that there was really no way to get over that slight edge you had in points, and in board position. You played it very well.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Razgovory

Quote from: Drakken on May 08, 2016, 07:02:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on May 08, 2016, 01:46:58 PM
I really suck at this game.  It doesn't help that I have no idea what I'm doing.

It can be learned. Habs is really a super teacher, so if you can play against him he'll show you how you could improve.

The AI beats me every time.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Solmyr

Bogh, what's your username there?

bogh

boghsteren

Challenges very welcome, but expect some slow going due to time zones, kids and career. I'll be in Fiji week after next for a week and won't have steam access there either.

/Jakob

Seen

Quote from: Tamas on April 20, 2016, 06:35:20 AM
https://twilightstrategy.com/new-to-twilight-struggle/

The site itself was recommended to me by a TS-veteran friend. He wiped the floor with me twice now.

I find this an excellent resource. Abuse it a lot.

Skimming this I stalked the following:

TI: Languish
Unsure

boghsteren: bogh
slimkt: Tamas
Lord_Drakken: Drakken
Seenias: Seen
Jaron: Jaron
Habbaku: Habbaku
Berkut : Berkut
Funkmonk: FunkMonk
Razgovory: Razgovory
Solmyr77: Solmyr

Holy crap Habbaku

Drakken or mod can you post and update this in the first post?

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

I finally won a match.  Me versus the AI.  European control in the first round as the Soviets.

Seen

Lost against Solmyr after 10 rounds. Since he apparently played 179 hours Im not feeling too bad about it but still...Grats Solmyr! Hopefully ill get you next game.

In better times when there was hope...

In another game as USA with a random I got this hand in early mid war. I know I got "will do for you" but wtf should I headline if I want to keep it? Ugh, game is harsh!

Solmyr

Nasser? It's 1 ops and you don't care about more Soviet influence in Egypt (in fact you want to get rid of Nasser before Sadat comes around).

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on May 30, 2016, 04:51:41 PM
Nasser? It's 1 ops and you don't care about more Soviet influence in Egypt (in fact you want to get rid of Nasser before Sadat comes around).

:yes:  Without much else in the way of info, I'd headline Nasser there.  Gets rid of a bad event at minimal cost in OPs and doesn't appreciably harm your position.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Sheilbh

Bought and I am shit :lol:

Edit: Accidentally ended the world over the Olympic games :mellow:
Let's bomb Russia!

Drakken

Don't worry Sheilbh, you'll soon find out plenty of new, original ways to DEFCON-suicide yourself. :console:

Berkut

I've been playing this game since it was released. And I don't mean the computer game.

And I still DEFCON-suicide myself now and again.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned