News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Darkest Dungeon

Started by Jacob, November 07, 2013, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

celedhring

That's the reason I stopped buying pre-release games. By the time the game is finished, you're already "spent".

Looking forward to this one, once it hits below 10 bucks  :lol:

Habbaku

I Kickstarted this the first opportunity I got, but managed to hold off playing until now.  I'm very pleased with the game so far, but wonder if people speaking of the difficulty might be exaggerating a bit.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

frunk

Quote from: Habbaku on January 21, 2016, 12:20:53 PM
I Kickstarted this the first opportunity I got, but managed to hold off playing until now.  I'm very pleased with the game so far, but wonder if people speaking of the difficulty might be exaggerating a bit.

My sense is that the early difficulty used to be higher but that it got easier later (particularly with some trinkets).  Now they've rebalanced to make it easier at the start but harder later on.

Martinus

I am still waiting for the iPad version. My problem with Darkest Dungeon is that when I am home in front of my desktop, there are many other games I'd rather play - but it would be great to play on the fly.

Martinus

Quote from: Martinus on October 02, 2015, 04:36:58 AM
So, anyone checked out the new expansion/update pack yet? Also, any news on a portable version?

My main problem with this game is that while I would like to play it, I have other games I'd rather play when I sit in front of my computer - but it would be great for the on-the-go play on my iPad or iPhone.

Ok so I just said exactly the same thing I already had.  :blush:

sbr

Quote from: Valmy on January 21, 2016, 09:08:35 AM
So I loaded this thing up again since it got full release and all my saves were wiped :weep:

But I suppose that may just be because I am using a different computer, I will go back and try to get the old one back later.

The new classes are alright. The Arbalest was needed as a range class and the abomination is only really new and weird thing. The Houndmaster and Man-At-Arms are just different versions of what we already have. There are wandering boss monsters now, even early on I got some kind of elderich evil from an evil altar and a wondering thing called 'the collector' who has loads of heads of dead heroes he can use to fight with. I was able to run from them though but that was wild. The Cove seems much harder, and gives more loot, than the other three areas but that might just be because I am not used to it. Kind of wish I  was just starting to play now, so probably the last time I play something on early release.

Looking forward to getting a bunch of guys up to level 6 so I can see the Darkest Dungeon itself.

My old saves are still there, I'm going to start fresh though as I didn't ever get very far.

PRC

I don't find the difficulty to bad, until you hit the level 3 dungeons and level 5 dungeons.  There feels like a spike in difficulty in those areas specifically.  It's still doable, you're going to lose some favoured heroes, a challenge, but not unsurpassable.

Valmy

Quote from: PRC on January 21, 2016, 11:49:00 PM
I don't find the difficulty to bad, until you hit the level 3 dungeons and level 5 dungeons.  There feels like a spike in difficulty in those areas specifically.  It's still doable, you're going to lose some favoured heroes, a challenge, but not unsurpassable.

It was just the opposite before. You would really get your ass kicked until you got up to level 3, then it was cake. I hardly had anybody even get stressed.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 10:58:28 AM
By the way does anybody else say 'Iron Maiden? Excellent!' when they come across one?  :blush:

Still do this :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Lettow77

I agree the cove feels more dangerous.

This is the closest fight i've been in; there ended up being one 0-hp survivor.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Valmy

Woah. I have had some close calls but never that close.

The Cove is crazy dangerous but you also get nuts amounts of loot so I keep going back. Sorry heroes.

Syt

I picked this up during a sale. I'm very hesitant about Early Access games, but this one seemed to be headed in a good direction with a high probability of delivering a good finished(!) product that I wagered the discounted price. Haven't played it yet, though, because I was waiting for full release.

But I think I want to try Dragon's Dogma first. -_-
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Lettow77

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

sbr

I've been playing a lot of this lately.  I am right around Week 100.  Got a bunch of Level 6 dudes, have finished most of the Veteran (Level 3-4) bosses but the am really struggling with the Hag for some reason.

Last night I ran the Veteran Level Prophet boss in the Cove and accidentally started without buying any Provisions, like none.  Somehow I made it through and killed her, it was one of my more fun runs, but I don't think I will do it again, at least on purpose.

Valmy

I am slowly moving through the lower level bosses. I am about half way through. 11 down, 13 to go.

I think I will post an AAR of my attempts in the actual Darkest Dungeon.