Darkest Dungeon

Started by Jacob, November 07, 2013, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Hellions are probably a bit overpowered. :D

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on February 06, 2015, 04:17:00 PM

They have an amazingly unbalanced trinket as well.  Nerfs might be incoming.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Mostly I just get my ass kicked and my guys go nuts.  What do you do when you get two disadvantages that are mutually exclusive such as "can only relieve stress in a Sept" and "Can only reduce Stress Gambling"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

PRC

Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2015, 11:29:49 PM
Mostly I just get my ass kicked and my guys go nuts.  What do you do when you get two disadvantages that are mutually exclusive such as "can only relieve stress in a Sept" and "Can only reduce Stress Gambling"?

Go to the sanitarium.  That allows you to remove a negative trait and sometimes afflictions.

Martinus

Quote from: PRC on February 06, 2015, 11:37:53 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 06, 2015, 11:29:49 PM

Go to the sanitarium.  That allows you to remove a negative trait and sometimes afflictions.

Ok, but what about Raz's characters in the game?

Scipio

Quote from: Valmy on February 06, 2015, 04:20:11 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on February 06, 2015, 04:17:00 PM

They have an amazingly unbalanced trinket as well.  Nerfs might be incoming.
That unique Hellion trinket is OSSUM. Right now I'm at the point where I need to start selectively training up abilities, since everyone's armor and weapon are at lvl 2, and half of my guys are lvl 3.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Winkelried

Is there a way to sell trinkets? The slots of my treasure chest on the main screen are filling up with weak common level trinkets.

Grey Fox

No, the number of slots will expand.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Solmyr

You can shift-click to destroy them, but you don't get anything for it.

PRC

I've only tried a few trinkets as the negative effects most of them give scares me off using them.

Martinus

So, am I the only one who already got bored of this game? The concept is cool, but if you cannot get attached to your heroes, can you get attached to the game at all?

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2015, 04:19:36 AM
So, am I the only one who already got bored of this game? The concept is cool, but if you cannot get attached to your heroes, can you get attached to the game at all?

Nope.  But I plan on getting everybody to level 6, beat all the bosses and then wait for updates.  But by that time I will probably be going on 60+ hours so that makes sense.

Why can't you get attached to your heroes?  They are my babies :wub:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Martinus

They die to fast. I read a game walkthrough and they said the idea is to keep replacing heroes as they get negative traits. Is it possible to keep the same heroes and just have them become more fucked up?

Grey Fox

You can remove the traits at the sanitarium.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Valmy

Quote from: Martinus on February 11, 2015, 08:29:10 AM
They die to fast. I read a game walkthrough and they said the idea is to keep replacing heroes as they get negative traits. Is it possible to keep the same heroes and just have them become more fucked up?

That strikes me as a really bad strategy.  It takes way too long to level up heroes to keep replacing them.  And you do not get that many negative traits, just keep leveling up the Sanitarium and getting rid of the really bad ones.  And I am on week 50+ and only have about 8 or 9 deaths.  My A team still has the Crusader I started with along with my first Vestal I recruited.

You will have a lot of turnover at first while you get access to the buildings and start building heroes to level 2....and wait for Vestals at the stagecoach <_<