News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Darkest Dungeon

Started by Jacob, November 07, 2013, 10:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: Solmyr on February 12, 2015, 09:02:47 AM
Well, that can affect things. :P I made a point to have a camp in the room before the boss, so I could go in healed and buffed.

Well I hammered the heck out of the piggy boss again.  Not even close.

It could just be my A team (Vestal, Highwayman, Helion, Crusader) is particularly well suited to beat Piggie and the Necro but has trouble with the Hag.

Interesting Helion nerf, a debuff when you use breakthrough.  My strategy was always just to have her spam breakthrough, now I have to use it at strategic points.  Doesn't really change things too much though it was nice having her be effective no matter where she was in the party.

The stun nerf was a much needed fix.  Stun locking + healing was taking a lot of strategy out of the game.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Solmyr

Hellion was great against the hag when she was able to attack the back row from position two. Now for your group I'd suggest putting her in front and crusader in second place, that way crusader can hit the cauldron and everyone else can beat on the hag (hellion w/iron swan, highwayman w/pistol shot, vestal w/judgment). The hag doesn't have that much health and should go down in a few turns, especially if you score some crits. And if crusader is the one tossed into the cauldron you can even leave him in there to soak it up.

Btw, you did remember to upgrade all your weapons, armor, and skills to the max, right?

Scipio

Nearly got wiped with the hag, but three critical strikes (Judgment for 19, Pistol Shot for 32, Pistol Shot for 9) sealed the deal. Everyone made it home alive, and no one became afflicted.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Valmy

Got my A-Team up to level 6.  Now just need to remove all the quirks and then go after the Necro Lord.  Getting very close to winning :yeah:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

By the way does anybody else say 'Iron Maiden? Excellent!' when they come across one?  :blush:

The Brain

Quote from: Valmy on February 20, 2015, 10:58:28 AM
By the way does anybody else say 'Iron Maiden? Excellent!' when they come across one?  :blush:

No. I don't have the tongue for it.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Scipio

My experience with the Hag taught me something very important: everyone needs some kind of long range attack, even if it's purely a nuisance level.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Valmy

Well I got all the boxes checked.  Now I guess I just wait for the full release version in the Summer sometime to continue my adventure.

Scipio

I love the small improvements in functionality and game play that come with each patch. Good stuff.
-Jose Canseco

-Every cop, The Wire

-John Hurt

Valmy

Poll and big update coming: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1460250988/darkest-dungeon-by-red-hook-studios/posts/1235377

Quote3. FIENDS & FRENZY COMING MAY 28th!

In case you haven't seen the news elsewhere, we are excited to confirm that we'll be posting a HUGE content update later this month (Thursday, May 28th). This FIENDS & FRENZY update will contain two new hero classes (Arbalest and Man-at-Arms), three new bosses, new special trinkets, and more!

Martinus

So, anyone checked out the new expansion/update pack yet? Also, any news on a portable version?

My main problem with this game is that while I would like to play it, I have other games I'd rather play when I sit in front of my computer - but it would be great for the on-the-go play on my iPad or iPhone.

Valmy

Nope I am holding off playing it again until it is finished and we get an actual release instead of early access.

frunk

One feature I would like, individual character retreat.

I was doing a medium length quest without healing, and it was going fine.  My characters were tough/powerful enough plus I had stun so that damage wasn't a big deal.  I had one last shrine to get to for the quest, so I camped just before it and healed up.  Boom, ambushed, several of my attacks missed, my Leper got beat down from full health down to 1 before the battle finished.  So I was willing to proceed with three characters, but didn't want to risk the level 3 Leper dying.

Valmy

Release date: January 19, 2016. So I guess that is when I will play it again.

Valmy

So I loaded this thing up again since it got full release and all my saves were wiped :weep:

But I suppose that may just be because I am using a different computer, I will go back and try to get the old one back later.

The new classes are alright. The Arbalest was needed as a range class and the abomination is only really new and weird thing. The Houndmaster and Man-At-Arms are just different versions of what we already have. There are wandering boss monsters now, even early on I got some kind of elderich evil from an evil altar and a wondering thing called 'the collector' who has loads of heads of dead heroes he can use to fight with. I was able to run from them though but that was wild. The Cove seems much harder, and gives more loot, than the other three areas but that might just be because I am not used to it. Kind of wish I  was just starting to play now, so probably the last time I play something on early release.

Looking forward to getting a bunch of guys up to level 6 so I can see the Darkest Dungeon itself.