Agnostic Muslims kill more part-time Christians, this time in Nagorno-Karabakh

Started by Grinning_Colossus, April 03, 2016, 08:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Solmyr on April 04, 2016, 04:22:03 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on April 03, 2016, 08:03:32 PM
Quote from: Solmyr on April 03, 2016, 11:19:05 AM
Who says they are doing it knowingly?

Restate your argument, what you are saying makes no sense.

Nagorno-Karabakh violence starts up. Russia is likely to have had a hand in it in order to force Armenia to fall firmly into its lap once again, after last year's tensions.

You silly Baltic people seeing Russia's hand in everything. I can assure you those countries are perfectly capable of fucking up entirely on their own.

Norgy

Quote from: mongers on April 03, 2016, 06:57:23 PM
Quote from: Norgy on April 03, 2016, 05:58:12 PM
Armenia? That's a real place?  :huh:

It dominates the southern isthmus of Handia and to it's North lies Shouldistan.

I have been to Shouldistan several times. Never remembered why.

Solmyr

Quote from: Tamas on April 04, 2016, 04:52:03 AM

Nagorno-Karabakh violence starts up. Russia is likely to have had a hand in it in order to force Armenia to fall firmly into its lap once again, after last year's tensions.

You silly Baltic people seeing Russia's hand in everything. I can assure you those countries are perfectly capable of fucking up entirely on their own.

I'm more Russian than Baltic. :contract:

derspiess

I continue to support Azerbaijan.  Armenians were the good guys in the 90s, but not any longer.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Norgy

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

I have an alternate theory:  These people don't like each other and sometimes fight.  If I were to suggest an outside influence it would be Turkey rather than Russia.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Queequeg

Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
I continue to support Azerbaijan.  Armenians were the good guys in the 90s, but not any longer.
The area is ethnically Armenian and has been since the Turks were drinking horseblood in western Mongolia. It's been Armenian longer than Yerevan, which had a Muslim majority before the Russians.
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Queequeg

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 03, 2016, 05:03:57 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on April 03, 2016, 09:19:42 AM
Fucking sub-Turkish sacks of shit.

Your idiosyncratic racism is bizarre and unbecoming Spellus.
They've got no culture, no education, nothing to their Nationalist pride but reheated Kemalist nazi myths. They've cut themselves off from Iran and their economy is based entirely on oil.
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

Josquius

I remember some years ago a discussion online about nagarano karabakh.  I suggested azerbaijan should let them have a referendum if they want.
Jesus christ the Turks didn't like that. They were screaming about how I had some sort of pro indo European bias. Trying every trick in the book to show the Azerbaijanis to be the good guys.
I wonder how common this pan turkic nationalist idiocy is
██████
██████
██████

Queequeg

Silly Tyr.  Democratic referendums are only for Sunnis and Turks.  Otherwise they are evil gavur plots.

Kosov-Good
NK-Bad!  Very bad!  We fuck you Armenians!

Grinning_Colossus

The problem with that idea is that the Azeri population was ethnically cleansed from N-K during the last war, so a referendum voted on by the remaining population wouldn't be that legitimate. And trying to let the Azeri refugees participate would make the result vulnerable to manipulation by Baku.

Here's a great live map of the conflict: http://caucasus.liveuamap.com/
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

Josquius

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on April 05, 2016, 05:14:55 AM
The problem with that idea is that the Azeri population was ethnically cleansed from N-K during the last war, so a referendum voted on by the remaining population wouldn't be that legitimate. And trying to let the Azeri refugees participate would make the result vulnerable to manipulation by Baku.

Here's a great live map of the conflict: http://caucasus.liveuamap.com/

The Azeris were only 20% though.
I'd think any referendum would need to be under international auspices to make sure the Armenians aren't cheating either. I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to let Azerbaijanis who were living there before hand vote- if more than 40,000 Azeris report in then we know there's something fishy up. Set somesort of limit of 50,000 or 60,000 non-resident voters (to take into account that these Azeri families will have had kids).

Overall the important part of the referendum is what the local Armenians want. Since if they vote 90% for independence from Azerbaijan then even 100% Azerbaijanis voting against it won't change anything.
██████
██████
██████

derspiess

Quote from: Queequeg on April 05, 2016, 12:21:30 AM
Quote from: derspiess on April 04, 2016, 12:36:39 PM
The area is ethnically Armenian and has been since the Turks were drinking horseblood in western Mongolia. It's been Armenian longer than Yerevan, which had a Muslim majority before the Russians.

But Armenians are pro-Putin.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall