And we're back!

Main Menu

Paris secondment - should I accept?

Started by Martinus, March 14, 2016, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 03:59:52 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 14, 2016, 03:53:35 PM
Siege, AR and I are kinda close to Ft Benning, maybe we can meet up, go for some good BBQ Ribs. ;)

Siege, you can order the beef ribs.

Probably going to be tough to find a kosher BBQ joint in Georgia or Alabama though.  :lol:

Some quick googling suggests that since the south is so BBQ-crazy that kosher BBQ is indeed a real thing in both states. :lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

lustindarkness

Siege, AR and I are kinda close to Ft Benning, maybe we can meet up, go for some good BBQ Ribs. ;)

Probably going to be tough to find a kosher BBQ joint in Georgia or Alabama though.  :lol:

Don't be dense, that's the fucking point!  :bash:

beef ribs  :rolleyes:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Norgy

Should you grab an opportunity when life throws you one? How is this even a question? You should.
And you should invite me for a weekend, M.

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2016, 04:10:47 PM

Some quick googling suggests that since the south is so BBQ-crazy that kosher BBQ is indeed a real thing in both states. :lol:

:hmm: In Georgia that would be really odd. Pork dominates. Some restaurants don't even serve beef. In Texas where the opposite situation holds it would be less odd.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 04:23:47 PM

:hmm: In Georgia that would be really odd. Pork dominates. Some restaurants don't even serve beef. In Texas where the opposite situation holds it would be less odd.

http://www.theatlantakosherbbq.com/

derspiess

Siege would go all brisket of course. Jews love brisket.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Tonitrus

When my vision flashes over it, my mind keeps seeing this thread title as "Paris second amendment".  :P

alfred russel

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

Not to nitpick, but that looks like an event/competition rather than a restaurant, and the lunch menu doesn't even really qualify as bbq (at least beyond the beef ribs).
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Barrister

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2016, 04:53:33 PM

Not to nitpick, but that looks like an event/competition rather than a restaurant, and the lunch menu doesn't even really qualify as bbq (at least beyond the beef ribs).

I didn't say there were kosher BBQ restaurants - I merely said kosher BBQ "was a real thing in both states". :contract:

derspiess

Quote from: Tonitrus on March 14, 2016, 05:08:39 PM
When my vision flashes over it, my mind keeps seeing this thread title as "Paris second amendment".  :P

Ditto.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Martinus

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 04:23:47 PM

[/quote

What's wrong with kosher pork?

CountDeMoney

Sweet, I was hoping for a Marti "I love me some me" thread this week. :yeah:

katmai

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2016, 05:54:09 PM
Sweet, I was hoping for a Marti "I love me some me" thread this week. :yeah:
Be nice now, i mean not like anyone else will.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

CountDeMoney

If you can't live vicariously through a narcissistic gay Polish lawyer, then it's not really living, now is it?

grumbler

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2016, 06:06:36 PM
If you can't live vicariously through a narcissistic gay Polish lawyer, then it's not really living, now is it?
:lol:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!