News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paris secondment - should I accept?

Started by Martinus, March 14, 2016, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capetan Mihali

You don't accept or reject the secondment, you are endowed with it by your Creater.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

CountDeMoney

That's just profound enough to make me want to take a picture of something with a wine glass casually placed nearby.

Valmy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2016, 09:02:18 PM
That's just profound enough to make me want to take a picture of something with a wine glass casually placed nearby.

:lol:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

DGuller

Quote from: Martinus on March 14, 2016, 12:30:49 PM
I was offered a 6 month secondment in Paris.

It would start in 3 weeks or so - but tomorrow I am leaving for 1 week holiday.

I would need a passport for my cat.

Should I accept?

My mother says I should go as long as I don't get killed by a Muslim terrorist.

I still have to discuss it with my boyfriend(s).  :ph34r:
:mad: I was going to spoof derspiess's thread myself.

Martinus

Josquius

6 months seems an odd timescale.
Too short to properly settle in and begin to really enjoy but too long to be just a holiday/business trip.

It's not like they're sending you to the moon. Id agree that if the company thinks it's a good idea it probably is.
And if paris is as crap as it seemed when I visited / meeting parisians suggests, you're rich enough to go home on the weekends
██████
██████
██████

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Brazen

Hell yeah. A six-month secondment to Paris would pretty much sort our all my problems right now :hmm:

Brazen

Quote from: Tyr on March 15, 2016, 03:48:00 AM
6 months seems an odd timescale.
Too short to properly settle in and begin to really enjoy but too long to be just a holiday/business trip.

It's not like they're sending you to the moon. Id agree that if the company thinks it's a good idea it probably is.
And if paris is as crap as it seemed when I visited / meeting parisians suggests, you're rich enough to go home on the weekends
You were in Japan too long if you suffered such severe Paris syndrome :P

Norgy

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 14, 2016, 06:06:36 PM
If you can't live vicariously through a narcissistic gay Polish lawyer, then it's not really living, now is it?

:lol:

Josquius

Quote from: Brazen link=topic=13807.msg958861#msg958861
You were in Japan too long if you suffered such severe Paris syndrome :P
I went when I was 13/14.
Before I'd ever been to London actually. :ph34r:
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Apparently, I'll be going on vacation to the same locale at the same time as Marti. Should I be re-thinking my life choices? :hmm:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Martinus

Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2016, 03:24:49 PM
Apparently, I'll be going on vacation to the same locale at the same time as Marti. Should I be re-thinking my life choices? :hmm:

You are in Gran Canaria now? :D

garbon

Quote from: Martinus on March 15, 2016, 03:27:56 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 15, 2016, 03:24:49 PM

You are in Gran Canaria now? :D

Thursday. Making sure bear week has cleared out of town.

Martinus

:D Let me know if you want to grab a beer or a drink on Saturday or some such at the Yumbo Centre. :P