News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Paris secondment - should I accept?

Started by Martinus, March 14, 2016, 12:30:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaCroix

lustindarkness

If I use my visit to Paris as an example, if I lived there for six months I would gain at least 40 pounds eating all that good food. If I had an offer to work there I would do it in a heartbeat (probably my last one with those extra 40).
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Barrister on March 14, 2016, 01:02:17 PM
This is really just a humblebrag.

From Marty? I don't think so. I think he really is troubled by this gut wrenching decision.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Siege

What the hell?
Why do Marty get the good assignment while I get orders for frigging Fort Benning GA?

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

alfred russel

I don't see why marty is getting a hard time. He gets notice about moving to paris in 3 weeks and needs to make a quick decision. Bouncing the situation off languish isn't the most horrible thing in languish history.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Siege

Marty, watch out for arab looking piple.
Be ready to tackle Mohammed.

Siege

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 02:37:36 PM
I don't see why marty is getting a hard time. He gets notice about moving to paris in 3 weeks and needs to make a quick decision. Bouncing the situation off languish isn't the most horrible thing in languish history.
Why are you such a drama queen.
Let Marty make the best decision for him.

The Brain

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 14, 2016, 02:16:49 PM
If I use my visit to Paris as an example, if I lived there for six months I would gain at least 40 pounds eating all that good food. If I had an offer to work there I would do it in a heartbeat (probably my last one with those extra 40).

Paris is worth some extra mass.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Siege on March 14, 2016, 02:35:50 PM
What the hell?
Why do Marty get the good assignment while I get orders for frigging Fort Benning GA?

That's less than 3 hours from me. But the food is not as good as in Paris.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: The Brain on March 14, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

I'm not Catholic.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

What the hell?

You signed up about 72 years late if you wanted orders to go to Paris.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

Barrister

Quote from: The Brain on March 14, 2016, 02:43:19 PM

:lol:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

dps

Quote from: alfred russel on March 14, 2016, 02:44:47 PM
What the hell?

You signed up about 72 years late if you wanted orders to go to Paris.

And it's not likely that Marti's law firm is going to send anyone to Fort Benning, either.

lustindarkness

Siege, AR and I are kinda close to Ft Benning, maybe we can meet up, go for some good BBQ Ribs. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

alfred russel

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 14, 2016, 03:53:35 PM
Siege, AR and I are kinda close to Ft Benning, maybe we can meet up, go for some good BBQ Ribs. ;)

Siege, you can order the beef ribs.

Probably going to be tough to find a kosher BBQ joint in Georgia or Alabama though.  :lol: