Started by Martinus, March 09, 2016, 11:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norgy

Does that imply that: Transgendered people do not commit crimes? :unsure:

Barrister

Quote from: Norgy on March 09, 2016, 01:37:40 PM
Does that imply that: Transgendered people do not commit crimes? :unsure:

:hmm:

Now that you mention it, the only times it hs come up is with transgendered victims, not accuseds.  So maybe.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Capetan Mihali

I've had trans criminal defense clients.

But I thought the Wachowskis were engaged in a bit of a more convoluted and dramatic process, hence nonconformity, rather than merely adopting another (the other?) gender.  But I haven't been following it, so you may well be more accurate.

And certainly more "PC"; need to keep the job in NDP Alberta and J. Trudeau Canadia, of course... :P
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 01:52:00 PM
And certainly more "PC"; need to keep the job in NDP Alberta and J. Trudeau Canadia, of course... :P

<_<

Martinus

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 02:04:02 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

<_<

:huh: Parti Conservateur, obviously.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Martinus

I gotta, say, while I will probably never emigrate out of Poland, I used to think that if I ever do, Canada would be preferable to the US. I don't think so anymore. I think it has gone too far into the PC territory, even for my tastes. Give me the US any time of the day instead. It seems a much more free place to live.

Barrister

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 02:17:34 PM
I gotta, say, while I will probably never emigrate out of Poland, I used to think that if I ever do, Canada would be preferable to the US. I don't think so anymore. I think it has gone too far into the PC territory, even for my tastes. Give me the US any time of the day instead. It seems a much more free place to live.

I don't know where you get that from.

Certainly in my particular job it is fairly important to be "politically correct".  But I imagine that is true for public servants anywhere.  But I don't think that applies to society at large.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Martinus on March 09, 2016, 02:17:34 PM
Canada would be preferable to the US.

Well, I suppose you're already used to bitterly cold winters.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2016, 12:58:59 PM
Yes.  It has also been known that they directed exactly one decent movie and have been getting gigs based on that ever since.  Their writing has occasionally risen to the mediocre, but they can't direct for fuck.

People who dislike the sequels but like The Matrix didn't look hard enough- the silliness is all there in the first movie too.

Valmy

Yeah I thought the Matrix was pretty cingeworthy. I admit to even being somewhat relieved the sequels destroyed its cult status...which was petty of me I admit.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Barrister

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 03:05:03 PM
The Matrix was good fun.

Sure, but you have to accept the rules of the universe it exists in. Once you do that, the sequels are decent fun too.

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 09, 2016, 03:15:36 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 03:05:03 PM
The Matrix was good fun.

Sure, but you have to accept the rules of the universe it exists in. Once you do that, the sequels are decent fun too.

Disagree.

The Matrix had a goofy, but simple premise.  The sequels however screwed up that simple premise by making it now-unintelligible.