The Wachowski Siblings are now the Wachowski Sisters

Started by Martinus, March 09, 2016, 11:28:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martinus

Valmy

Great now every future time I don't go see one of their shitty movies people will think I am transphobic.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Didn't see that one coming.
One brother was unusual but ok.  It happens.
But both?
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Capetan Mihali

Are these the ones responsible for the Matrix?  Or some Polish-American somebodies I haven't heard of?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Valmy on March 09, 2016, 12:50:19 PM
Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 12:47:11 PM
Are these the ones responsible for the Matrix?

Yep.

Ah, OK.  I'm not trying to put over my Hollywood insider routine, but their overall sexual/gender non-conformity has been known for a while now, hasn't it?
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."

grumbler

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 12:54:08 PM

Yep.

Ah, OK.  I'm not trying to put over my Hollywood insider routine, but their overall sexual/gender non-conformity has been known for a while now, hasn't it?

Yes.  It has also been known that they directed exactly one decent movie and have been getting gigs based on that ever since.  Their writing has occasionally risen to the mediocre, but they can't direct for fuck.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: grumbler on March 09, 2016, 12:58:59 PM

Yes.  It has also been known that they directed exactly one decent movie and have been getting gigs based on that ever since.  Their writing has occasionally risen to the mediocre, but they can't direct for fuck.

You, me, and Rex Reed need to sit down for a few Brandy Sidecars one of these days. :smoke:

Barrister

Yep.

Larry/Lana's "gender non-conformity" had been rumoured for years before it became public.

This is the first I've ever heard of Andy/Lilly's transitioning.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

garbon

To be honest, I don't think I even ever noticed how they went from Wachowski brother's to brother and sister. I think my brain just accepted that as how it had always been. :blush:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Capetan Mihali

Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 01:10:11 PM
Larry/Lana's "gender non-conformity"

Got a "better term"?  What word does Her Majesty use in the Canadian criminal files?

Barrister

Quote from: Capetan Mihali on March 09, 2016, 01:22:21 PM
Quote from: Barrister on March 09, 2016, 01:10:11 PM
Larry/Lana's "gender non-conformity"

Got a "better term"?  What word does Her Majesty use in the Canadian criminal files?

Transgendered? :unsure:  It doesn't come up very often.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.