Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Sheilbh

Quote from: celedhring on July 13, 2016, 05:28:05 PM
Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2016, 05:25:48 PM
I' saw those weird because I'm fairly sure he knows. He was Europe Minister for four-five years under Major.

Maybe he's optimistic and believes the EU will implode in its entirety before Brexit talks conclude.
A few Brexiteers think that. He'll I'm not convinced it can hold, but then I think the UK is the least of Europe's worries.

QuoteOr he just lied during the campaign to make Brexit look less dangerous. But surely it can't be that!
:lol:

In fairness one thing about his appointment: he wasn't in the official leave campaign. Striking that neither the PM or Brexit minister would have any reason to feel bound by anything the Leave campaign said.

Edit: One other irony, next week at the ECJ Davis is suing the Home Secretary :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!

Liep

Probably posted before in this fast moving thread, but: Eagle's reaction when told Boris would be foreign sec.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4k3i17_they-ve-made-him-foreign-secretary-boris-johnson-s-elevation-stuns-angela-eagle-video_news
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2016, 05:44:41 PM

A few Brexiteers think that. He'll I'm not convinced it can hold, but then I think the UK is the least of Europe's worries.

I'd wager that should be China likely entering WTO as a market economy (what lies) and as a result destroying what's left of European industry with their dumping practices.

garbon

So Jeremy Hunt to stay at it.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 13, 2016, 05:44:41 PM

One of the largest economies in Europe is the least of Europe's worries? Doubtful.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Sheilbh

May is sacking most Cameron's allies and a lot of the public school lot. She's clearly spent the last six years making a kill lost.
Let's bomb Russia!

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2016, 07:39:35 AM
May is sacking most Cameron's allies and a lot of the public school lot. She's clearly spent the last six years making a kill lost.

So this is what a Tory purge looks like. Nice. :)

Valmy

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2016, 07:39:35 AM

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Sheilbh

Stephen Crabb has resigned in the best interests of his family. Gossip is someone's got a picture of him snorting coke with a hooker.

The Tories are back.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Sheilbh on July 14, 2016, 07:53:59 AM
Stephen Crabb has resigned in the best interests of his family. Gossip is someone's got a picture of him snorting coke with a hooker.

The Tories are back.

Sadly the gossip I can find online. is that he was sexting. :thumbsdown:
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Valmy

Sexting?! TEH HORRAH

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 08:01:54 AM
Sexting?! TEH HORRAH

I do think it says something not good about politicians if they are married and sexting someone who is not their partner. Not anything on the moral front (as that's their business) but on the "really, you haven't realized by now that if you have a political career, people are going to find out and it will damage you" vein.

But also, yeah sexting makes for a less interesting scandal than hookers and blow. :(

viper37

Quote from: garbon on July 14, 2016, 08:50:32 AM
Quote from: Valmy on July 14, 2016, 08:01:54 AM
Sexting?! TEH HORRAH

I do think it says something not good about politicians if they are married and sexting someone who is not their partner. Not anything on the moral front (as that's their business) but on the "really, you haven't realized by now that if you have a political career, people are going to find out and it will damage you" vein.

But also, yeah sexting makes for a less interesting scandal than hookers and blow. :(
I honestly don't care about that shit.  I know journalists love it.  When a competitor gets the story, they all whine about protecting the private life and how their mandate as card carrying journalists forbids them from revealing stuff like that, but as soon as they get a chance, they do it, try to spin it on their own angle to justfiy their own morrally corrupt behavior.

Anyway.  Private is private.  A married guy sucking dicks in an airport is of no concern to me, that's between him and his wife.  If it contradicts his public policies, sure, I want to hear about it.  Otherwise, don't give a damn.  Even if I'd learnt that Stephen Harper was a regular at an Hull strip club I wouldn't have cared.  I don't get all this interest in other people's private life just because they're public figures.  Closet gays abound in the "real world".  Men (or women) cheating on their spouse abound.  Prostitutes are found everywhere because there's demand.  I trace the line at drugs, personally.  Doing drugs should disqualify you from office immediatly.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

mongers

Quote from: viper37 on July 14, 2016, 09:41:54 AM

I honestly don't care about that shit.  I know journalists love it.  When a competitor gets the story, they all whine about protecting the private life and how their mandate as card carrying journalists forbids them from revealing stuff like that, but as soon as they get a chance, they do it, try to spin it on their own angle to justfiy their own morrally corrupt behavior.

Anyway.  Private is private.  A married guy sucking dicks in an airport is of no concern to me, that's between him and his wife.  If it contradicts his public policies, sure, I want to hear about it.  Otherwise, don't give a damn.  Even if I'd learnt that Stephen Harper was a regular at an Hull strip club I wouldn't have cared.  I don't get all this interest in other people's private life just because they're public figures.  Closet gays abound in the "real world".  Men (or women) cheating on their spouse abound.  Prostitutes are found everywhere because there's demand.  I trace the line at drugs, personally.  Doing drugs should disqualify you from office immediatly.

Somewhat arbitrary, no?

What about alcoholism , gambling, sex addiction?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

Quote from: mongers on July 14, 2016, 10:16:58 AM
Quote from: viper37 on July 14, 2016, 09:41:54 AM

Somewhat arbitrary, no?

What about alcoholism , gambling, sex addiction?

Everyone has their moral bugaboos.  I'd disqualify anyone who voluntarily watches anime.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!