Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Josquius

We've got confirmation the risk of stumbling into no deal does not exist. No deal can only happen if someone purposefully targets it. And on that I really don't see the decent side of the Tory party playing along.
Labour are being quite shit in their views on Brexit but they have been quite clear that no deal is not an option for them.
██████
██████
██████

Richard Hakluyt

Quote from: Tyr on December 12, 2018, 04:50:42 AM
We've got confirmation the risk of stumbling into no deal does not exist. No deal can only happen if someone purposefully targets it. And on that I really don't see the decent side of the Tory party playing along.
Labour are being quite shit in their views on Brexit but they have been quite clear that no deal is not an option for them.

So you admit that there is a decent side to the Tory party!!??!!

The list of brexit benefits lengthens :

1. The Andy Serkis video.
2. Tyr's politics become more realistic and nuanced.
3. Er..........thats it......

garbon

QuoteBernard Jenkin ✔
@bernardjenkin
The UK changed Prime Minister in May 1940 - in the middle of a monstrously greater national crisis than this.  If it has to be done, it has to be done. @conservatives
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Brexit is easy! It can only be compared to WW2 that's how easy it is!

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

David Davis and his chums are promoting an "alternative Brexit deal" Chec it out:

This is just incredible. They are still at the stage where the EU is just expected by them to bend over and take it quietly. WTF is that nonsense about the EU agreeing to synch with whatever regulatory change the UK makes? Seriously?

Richard Hakluyt

I've concluded that David Davis is a moron............Occam's razor and all that.

Syt

At this point it would be much simpler to just unite Ireland and let the rest of the UK leave.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Duque de Bragança

Quote from: Richard Hakluyt on December 12, 2018, 05:03:21 AM

2. Tyr's politics become more realistic and nuanced.
3. Er..........thats it......

Tyr's politics will become eventually more realistic and nuanced at some point, so it was not really necessary.  :P

frunk

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2018, 07:38:46 AM
At this point it would be much simpler to just unite Ireland and let the rest of the UK leave.

My idea is that they should cancel Brexit until all the wonderful trade deals with other countries can be achieved.  If the Brexiteers can prove that even one of their promises can be implemented then let it go forward.  It would also give them more leverage in those talks rather than their current desperation of a homeless person.

garbon

Quote from: Syt on December 12, 2018, 07:38:46 AM

Yeah, I'm sure NI would be happy to comply with that and no blood would be shed. ;)

Syt

I didn't say simple. Simpler. :P
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

mongers

OK, I've finally found an upside* to Brexit:

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/lord-sugar-repeats-threat-to-leave-britain-if-jeremy-corbyn-becomes-prime-minister-1.473845

Lord Sugar repeats threat to leave Britain if Jeremy Corbyn becomes prime minister

He insists it is nothing to do with having to pay more tax, saying: 'I worry about my grandchildren'

Lord Sugar has reiterated his threat to leave Britain if Jeremy Corbyn ever becomes Prime Minister – but insisted it has nothing to do with tax.

Speaking on ITV's Good Morning Britain on Tuesday as Theresa May faced a no confidence vote, the Apprentice host said: "I come on record here and make a statement. As much as I hate this - if he becomes the PM of this country I am out, I am leaving."

:D

* He' actually not that bad, a dozen time better than that other Apprentice host.   :bowler:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Syt

I clicked the link, expecting "Lord Sugar" to be a character from a children's TV show. :wacko:
—Stephen Jay Gould

Richard Hakluyt

There's a Lord Adonis too; but don't bother looking him up, your illusions will be shattered.