Brexit and the waning days of the United Kingdom

Started by Josquius, February 20, 2016, 07:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you vote on Britain remaining in the EU?

British- Remain
12 (12%)
British - Leave
7 (7%)
Other European - Remain
21 (21%)
Other European - Leave
6 (6%)
ROTW - Remain
34 (34%)
ROTW - Leave
20 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Josquius

Quote from: Sheilbh on October 25, 2024, 03:48:19 PMThought this was interesting on why London's l download a QR code to collect a parcel, while the queue grows behind you.[/b]

To understand what's going on, you first have to understand how a mobile phone network operates. In its simplest form it is like a super-powerful outdoor wi-fi network: your phone connects to a mast, which might be a modest lamppost-style pole on a street corner, or a big chunky metal lattice structure standing some distance away on top of a hill or a block of flats. Your phone then sends and requests data from the mast, which in turn deals with the request by communicating with a central network, usually using an underground fibre optic cable similar to your home broadband connection.

Huh, you know I had no idea this was a problem, really surprising.
Though if I remember right the last time I was in London, 2 years ago or do, I do vaguely recall running into a lot of spots with no signal and finding it quite odd.

Though the Asian wires comparison... Not sure how helpful that is. We are at two opposite extemes, the build whatever you want and don't give a shit about cosmetics vs detailed 800 page reports on bat mating habits for a new public bin.
██████
██████
██████