News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on December 12, 2016, 12:47:26 PM

Really? But what about Notre Dame honor and all that?

Some kid associated with the team helped players too much with their schoolwork.

I think that happens at every school and there is no way to completely stop it.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

HVC

Nerds "helping" jocks with home work is a long tradition. The NCAA   Is unamerican.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

alfred russel

Quote from: HVC on December 12, 2016, 12:53:25 PM
Nerds "helping" jocks with home work is a long tradition. The NCAA   Is unamerican.

When I was in grad school, I had a classmate that was an ex ND cheerleader who was also a former tutor for the team. She was impossibly gorgeous. The MBA students would just stare at her through classes.

She also considered several of the players friends and kept up with the ones in the NFL.

Schools have upgraded their support from "nerds" - at least the schools that care about football.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

katmai

I thought Michigan played defense?
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

alfred russel

Quote from: katmai on December 30, 2016, 08:55:06 PM
I thought Michigan played defense?

Remember grumbler posting about how statistical analysis showed that the average P5 school would score just under 1 point per game against the Michigan defense while the game was still in doubt?

The defense is obviously an all time great one. Actual game results are just aberrations that shouldn't detract from that.

good luck tomorrow, btw. The entire universe outside the state of alabama is with you. :)

Eddie Teach

You'll have to forgive his youthful exuberance.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

alfred russel

Well, in his defense, whatever statistical analysis grumbler was looking at didn't take into account Dalvin Cook. Thank god he should go pro after this year. He is a Miami guy, and I don't think I"m out on a limb at all saying that had he picked Miami over FSU, Miami would have probably won the last three Miami-FSU games (Miami lost all three, but they were close).

Rasputin

Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2016, 11:22:18 PM
Well, in his defense, whatever statistical analysis grumbler was looking at didn't take into account Dalvin Cook. Thank god he should go pro after this year. He is a Miami guy, and I don't think I"m out on a limb at all saying that had he picked Miami over FSU, Miami would have probably won the last three Miami-FSU games (Miami lost all three, but they were close).

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't have to jump around on their asses.
Who is John Galt?

alfred russel

Quote from: Rasputin on December 31, 2016, 12:12:06 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on December 30, 2016, 11:22:18 PM

And if frogs had wings they wouldn't have to jump around on their asses.

Someday soon FSU may take over the series lead from Miami. FSU may also one day pass Miami in national titles. It is also possible that FSU could pass Miami in the US News & World Report listing of colleges and take over as the top college in Florida (lol, not really). But I don't think there is anything we can do about the school being in Trailerhassee. :(

Admiral Yi

Much better game than the first half made it look to be.  Stopped watching at halftime but I guess Michigan found some offense somewhere.

CountDeMoney

Obviously the fix is in, and the Husky QB is on the take because nobody could consciously and without malicious intent make that kind of throw.  :lol:

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

Hopefully Urban gets through the game without punching anyone.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers