News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

NCAA Football, 2016

Started by grumbler, February 09, 2016, 06:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2016, 10:46:12 PM
What a game. Big win for Texas, Valmy, Charlie Strong, and the Big 12. And since they beat Notre Dame, a big win for humanity.

That was the Charlie Strongiest game I have ever seen  :wacko:

Only his version of Texas could score a big TD to go ahead and then have the extra point blocked and run back to tie it :lol:

But an amazing game. I told you Texas was going to be pretty good this season. I did not think they would be able to beat Notre Dame though.

The first win over Notre Dame since the 1970 Cotton Bowl. There are alot of Irish inflicted Longhorn tears in those 46 years including two losses that cost Texas National Championships. It was nice to get one back. And is there any way better to win than the walk off Touchdown?  :punk:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

dps

Quote from: derspiess on September 04, 2016, 10:46:12 PM
What a game. Big win for Texas, Valmy, Charlie Strong, and the Big 12. And since they beat Notre Dame, a big win for humanity.

See, I've got mixed feelings about this one.  Since WVU is in the Big 12 now, I want the Big 12 to be a strong conference, so Texas being back is good in that regard.  And I like Charlie Strong and some of their players.  OTOH, I don't like Texas as such (apologies to Valmy) largely because I don't like the way that it seems that they try to rig the Big 12 to their own benefit. 

And then one the other side, there's Norte Dame.  I respect the heck out of Norte Dame football, but I don't actually like them.

in the end, this was a great game, and since I had no particular rooting interest either way, that's all I could really ask for.

alfred russel

Congrats Valmy. We suck again--I should become a BYU fan. It is becoming clear they have the stonger god.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: dps on September 04, 2016, 10:57:34 PM
OTOH, I don't like Texas as such (apologies to Valmy) largely because I don't like the way that it seems that they try to rig the Big 12 to their own benefit. 

Texas has had administrative chaos for years. I don't think they are really in position to be puppet masters these days. But I understand Texas gets to be the evil sinister force behind every conspiracy theory these days. Granted the idiotic loud mouthed former AD did a great job stoking those fires.

As far as rigging it in Texas' benefit they have won it three times since 1996. If Texas is rigging it I wish they would at least get a little bit more production.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.

CountDeMoney

And then one the other side, there's Norte Dame.  I respect the heck out of Norte Dame football, but I don't actually like them.

Which is why their receivers are allowed to be decapitated.  You see, the spinal cord has to be completely dislodged through the catch.   :lol:

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 10:59:48 PM
Congrats Valmy. We suck again--I should become a BYU fan. It is becoming clear they have the stonger god.

Notre Dame has a great coach and a great program. They lost a ton of guys off last year's team and look ready to reload. Stay the course, don't go buying your magical underwear just yet.

MadBurgerMaker

Brian Kelly is a piece of shit.

Valmy

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2016, 11:05:27 PM
Brian Kelly is a piece of shit.

Maybe but he is a hell of a football coach.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on September 04, 2016, 11:02:17 PM

Which is why their receivers are allowed to be decapitated.  You see, the spinal cord has to be completely dislodged through the catch.   :lol:

Should have held on to the ball.

CountDeMoney

"This is your moment.  I'm going to let you have it."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on September 04, 2016, 11:06:16 PM
Should have held on to the ball.

#OnlyWhiteReceiversCanBeDefenselessInTexas

MadBurgerMaker

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on September 04, 2016, 11:02:17 PM
Quote from: alfred russel on September 04, 2016, 10:59:48 PM

Notre Dame has a great coach and a great program. They lost a ton of guys off last year's team and look ready to reload. Stay the course, don't go buying your magical underwear just yet.

We shall see. My take: ND has a good QB, good RBs, and a good OL. After Tori Hunter left the game, the receiver corps was badly overmatched.

The defense? Nothing good can be said.

It isn't like I have lived through the past decade+ of ND football to give up now, but this doesn't look like a really good team.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Is Hunter ok? I hoped, since he kept trying to get up, that maybe it was just a precaution.