News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

CountDeMoney

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 02:05:11 PM
Hillary has hinted that she wants to follow the Australian model of confiscation.

You mean by legislation? 

lol "confiscation".  Bullethead.

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Jacob

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 05:58:28 PM
Yes, confiscation.

How did she hint that she'd implement this confiscation?

Razgovory

Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2016, 02:22:13 PM
is this the girl that got shot by her 4 year old son last week? :)

Also, could you explain to me how the Federal government is going to take your guns?

He's in the army, they aren't technically his guns.  They belong to the government.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Jacob on March 15, 2016, 06:23:45 PM
Yes, confiscation.

She said she favored the Australian plan, which involved confiscation.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 06:25:26 PM
Yes, confiscation.

Which would require the overwhelming popular support the Australians required and would still be overturned for being un-Constitutional so I think you are safe. :lol:

Again the first time the Clintons were in office there was significant support for this sort of thing yet it still didn't happen.

Of course even in the Australian example it was a program that involved people handing in their shit and getting compensated, hardly bans of minions searching every house.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 06:25:26 PM
Yes, confiscation.

She did?  Where?  When?  The best I could find is she an buyback program like Australia had is worth considering.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Yeah, they "bought" them back but if you didn't do it by a certain date you faced jail time.  Which is the same as confiscation.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 07:26:32 PM
Yeah, they "bought" them back but if you didn't do it by a certain date you faced jail time.  Which is the same as confiscation.

If you were stupid enough to get caught.

Well don't get me wrong. Australia has just about the worse laws on anything in existence and wanting to strongly consider their ideas is always suspect, but there is basically zero chance any of that happens here. At least as far as things stand now.

Even if the Democrats sweep into majorities in both houses of Congress and re-capture the Presidency there is little chance of any substantial gun control legislation being passed...and certainly nothing even remotely close to the sledgehammer subtlety the Aussies seem to love.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Phillip V

#feelthebern looks to be over and dead after tonight.

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 07:48:24 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 07:26:32 PM

If you were stupid enough to get caught.

Well don't get me wrong. Australia has just about the worse laws on anything in existence and wanting to strongly consider their ideas is always suspect, but there is basically zero chance any of that happens here. At least as far as things stand now.

Even if the Democrats sweep into majorities in both houses of Congress and re-capture the Presidency there is little chance of any substantial gun control legislation being passed...and certainly nothing even remotely close to the sledgehammer subtlety the Aussies seem to love.

Tell that all to your chosen candidate.  Who is speaking right now :pinch:  Like nails on a chalkboard.

Valmy

Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 08:02:54 PM
Tell that all to your chosen candidate.  Who is speaking right now :pinch:  Like nails on a chalkboard.

She is kissing leftist ass right now. The Clintons, they lie.

You are not kidding about the speaking part. I cannot stand listening to her speak.

Valmy

Quote from: Phillip V on March 15, 2016, 07:55:42 PM
#feelthebern looks to be over and dead after tonight.

Ding dong the red is dead? We'll see.

Siege

Quote from: Razgovory on March 15, 2016, 06:24:02 PM
Quote from: viper37 on March 14, 2016, 02:22:13 PM
is this the girl that got shot by her 4 year old son last week? :)

Also, could you explain to me how the Federal government is going to take your guns?

He's in the army, they aren't technically his guns.  They belong to the government.

I got news for you. We all belong to the gruberment.
Our freedoms are long gone, and only the wellbeing of the bureaucracy ruling DC and the elite who benefits from their rule is important.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

derspiess

Quote from: Valmy on March 15, 2016, 08:05:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 15, 2016, 08:02:54 PM

She is kissing leftist ass right now. The Clintons, they lie.

You are not kidding about the speaking part. I cannot stand listening to her speak.

Apparently she wants to end deportations.