News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

derspiess

Quote from: grumbler on March 08, 2016, 09:50:53 PM
Quote from: derspiess on March 08, 2016, 09:47:18 PM
Duh.  Women are not people; they are devices built by our Lord Jesus Christ for our entertainment.

Our Lord Jesus Christ should have built the devices with a better ability to drive a car.

Yeah, but that adds to entertainment, what with all the women driving jokes over the years.

Also btw in case anyone forgot: MEN DRIVE
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Siege

I flaunt my masculinity.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Valmy

Quote from: Siege on March 08, 2016, 10:15:27 PM
I flaunt my masculinity.

Just don't shove it in my face.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Phillip V

Bernie Sanders Declared Winner of Michigan In Huge Upset

Valmy

Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Monoriu

Quote from: Phillip V on March 08, 2016, 11:36:28 PM
Bernie Sanders Declared Winner of Michigan In Huge Upset

He basically split the delegates with Clinton, and still trails her in the total count.

Phillip V

Bloomberg abandoned his presidential campaign yesterday because he thought Clinton had locked up the nomination.  Too bad.  Check out his unfinished campaign ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOqJ5zq7SfU

Razgovory

It has the feel of an employee orientation video.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Phillip V

Quote from: Razgovory on March 09, 2016, 12:13:45 AM
It has the feel of an employee orientation video.

We can all be employees under a President Bloomberg

0% unemployment

Jaron

Bernie Sanders defiant!
Winner of THE grumbler point.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Siege on March 07, 2016, 10:31:16 PM
Question: why do Democrats assume the Republicans will never again control the Presidency?
What's going on?
What is their calculation for this?

I don't see why they would be so confident, especially when so many polls claim most Americans are right of center.

Demographics. Non-hispanic whites are simply a smaller proportion of the electorate than it used to be.

Logically, the GOP would take advantage of the fact that white hispanics are assimilating quickly into the mainstream, and add them to their coalition. However that's clearly not happened.

If Trump is nominated he would literally have to rack up 70% of the non-hispanic white vote.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Berkut

Quote from: LaCroix on March 08, 2016, 06:27:07 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 08, 2016, 06:24:02 PM
I don't think that most people dislike it.

you've got people posting on FB about how others report their breastfeeding pictures. you have public breastfeeding activists. and itt, you've got an anecdote of someone's wife being mortified at the thought of public breastfeeding. plus, if it was a normal, everyday thing, you'd probably see it happening way more often. maybe california/NYC are progressive enough where people honestly don't blink and stare a little bit at public breastfeeding, but I don't think the majority of the country is like that.

I said my wife would be mortified at the idea of HER doing so, not mortified at the idea of anyone else doing so - not the same thing at all.

She is just rather private, and would not at all be comfortable. But it has no bearing on her opinion about other women doing it, which she would support almost unequivocally.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Berkut

I actually kind of suspect that the entire "opposition to breastfeeding" is kind of like the entire "war on Christmas".

Sort of a fake thing invented by people who want something to feel beset upon over.

I don't know anyone who would actually berate someone for breastfeeding in public, personally, just like I don't actually know anyone who would actually get offended if someone said "Merry Christmas" to them.

0 rows returned

Jaron

I don't know. It certainly has the capacity to make one feel uncomfortable. Personally, it seems like the kind of thought that ought to be done in a private space for both mother and child's comfort.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Berkut

I can assure you that the child could not care less, at least.

0 rows returned