News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Hillary vs Bernie

Started by Eddie Teach, January 31, 2016, 05:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Say you're at the Iowa Democratic caucus- who do you vote for?

Sanders
31 (46.3%)
Clinton
25 (37.3%)
Littlefinger
5 (7.5%)
Sanders, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
2 (3%)
Clinton, but only to make it easier for GOP to win
0 (0%)
Write in for Biden :(
1 (1.5%)
Write in for Trump :wacko:
3 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Malthus

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2016, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2016, 04:11:59 PM
People just need to let people freaking breastfeed their babies. FFS people. Just remember if the baby has a boob in its mouth it cannot scream.

If it doesn't exist, it can't scream either.

I don't know. I just figure it is easier to be cool when people breastfeed their babies than commit mass genocide of everybody under the age of 2.

It's the "Herod" school of politics.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

LaCroix

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 04:49:05 PM... so people in the US who'd like something similar to what you're used to are insufferable social warriors? Seems bit unfair, tbh.

they already have it though, don't they?

Eddie Teach

My sister had some kind of clothing attachment that basically hid the baby and the breast. She had to use it once when we were at a restaurant and it was barely noticeable.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2016, 05:02:09 PM
My sister had some kind of clothing attachment that basically hid the baby and the breast. She had to use it once when we were at a restaurant and it was barely noticeable.

It's called "a blanket".  :whistle:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Eddie Teach

It was specialized though, something made for exactly that purpose.

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2016, 04:56:44 PM
Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 04:26:04 PM
Quote from: Valmy on March 07, 2016, 04:11:59 PM
People just need to let people freaking breastfeed their babies. FFS people. Just remember if the baby has a boob in its mouth it cannot scream.

If it doesn't exist, it can't scream either.

I don't know. I just figure it is easier to be cool when people breastfeed their babies than commit mass genocide of everybody under the age of 2.

Who said anything about murder?
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Jacob

Quote from: LaCroix on March 07, 2016, 05:02:01 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 04:49:05 PM... so people in the US who'd like something similar to what you're used to are insufferable social warriors? Seems bit unfair, tbh.

they already have it though, don't they?

Well, there certainly seems to be more public discourse about "should breastfeeding in public be allowed" than in the parts of Europe I'm aware of. It seems it's a bit of a thing.

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on March 07, 2016, 04:58:23 PM
I don't object her aspiration, I object the preciousness and the whole "touched by Bernie made this the happiest day ever" thing. I would vote for Bernie if I were American, but I find the whole social media personality cult a tad irritating.

Fair enough.

LaCroix

Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 06:08:18 PMWell, there certainly seems to be more public discourse about "should breastfeeding in public be allowed" than in the parts of Europe I'm aware of. It seems it's a bit of a thing.

that's what I was wondering, what's exactly at issue when they already can do it.

so, I posted this
Quoteare modern day breastfeed-in-public campaigns essentially "stop seeing this beautiful act as being awkward as fuck/gross"?

dps

Quote from: LaCroix on March 07, 2016, 08:11:36 PM
Quote from: Jacob on March 07, 2016, 06:08:18 PMWell, there certainly seems to be more public discourse about "should breastfeeding in public be allowed" than in the parts of Europe I'm aware of. It seems it's a bit of a thing.

that's what I was wondering, what's exactly at issue when they already can do it.

so, I posted this
Quoteare modern day breastfeed-in-public campaigns essentially "stop seeing this beautiful act as being awkward as fuck/gross"?

I think that's the point that they are theoretically trying to make.  In practice, their point seems to be more, "I'm a better person than mothers who have their babies on the bottle, so instead of just discreetly feeding my child when it needs fed, I have to flaunt what I'm doing for everyone to see, because that way they'll also see how much of a better person I am".

Eddie Teach

And you resent that because your breasts are barren?  :hmm:

dps

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 07, 2016, 08:46:59 PM
And you resent that because your breasts are barren?  :hmm:

Nah, I just basically see women who make a show of it as a bunch of dirty hippies.  :p:

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 07, 2016, 05:13:57 PM
Who said anything about murder?

Ah. I guess I was unaware of another way to make all babies not exist :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Ed Anger

I ventured into commie territory today, yellow springs Ohio, and the amount of Bearnie bumper stickers made me sick.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Siege

Question: why do Democrats assume the Republicans will never again control the Presidency?
What's going on?
What is their calculation for this?

I don't see why they would be so confident, especially when so many polls claim most Americans are right of center.

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"