And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
Trump has the right idea.  Just the wrong border.  #AndMakeCanadaPayFerIt

And here we have it.  CountDeMoney defending Donald J Trump, just because his Orioles lost a series.  Just Sad!  :weep:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

CountDeMoney

Just don't like Canadians. Rapists.

katmai

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2016, 11:10:55 PM
Just don't like Canadians. Rapists.

Some of them are good people.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Minsky Moment

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2016, 10:40:30 PM
Trump has the right idea.  Just the wrong border.  #AndMakeCanadaPayFerIt

Right on.  They are responsible for the BJs too.  ALE should be Balti/NY condominium as in the glorious 70s.
The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists.
--Joan Robinson

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

derspiess

Watching the Cardinals game right now and I just realized why Wainwright's pitching has been so shitty: I bought his jersey in the offseason.

He literally gave up a two run homer as I typed that.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 27, 2016, 09:14:16 PM
Watching the Cardinals game right now and I just realized why Wainwright's pitching has been so shitty: I bought his jersey in the offseason.

He literally gave up a two run homer as I typed that.

Not their best start this year.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

They're hitting home runs and scoring a lot.  There have been some pleasant surprises like Diaz and Hazelbaker.  But about half the pitching staff has been pure shit.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

And Diaz just hit a homer.  Dude came out of nowhere; wasn't supposed to even make the team but is batting .466.  If he can figure out how to field Peralta might be out of a job when he gets healthy.

derspiess

Waino had another shit night but picked up a win, thanks in part to the triple he hit.  Diaz has now had enough ABs to be included in the stat leaders.  He's leading MLB in batting at .468 and still hits in the #8 slot.  I'm kind of okay with not moving him up in the order for now-- if it ain't broke don't fix it.

alfred russel

The Braves are very streaky. Open with a 9 game losing streak. Follow that with a 4 game winning streak. That is followed with an ongoing 8 game losing streak.

UGA drew 90k+ to its spring game. Maybe the two are connected.  :hmm:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Valmy

Quote from: alfred russel on April 28, 2016, 09:42:54 AM

:blink:
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

derspiess

Sometimes I think Neil Walker's name sounds Japanese when people say it fast.

alfred russel

Quote from: Valmy on April 28, 2016, 09:45:55 AM
Quote from: alfred russel on April 28, 2016, 09:42:54 AM

:blink:

The excitement of a new coach, the Braves suck, the Falcons suck.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014