Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: jimmy olsen on April 20, 2016, 10:55:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on April 20, 2016, 10:14:08 PM
sbr you're going to get blasted for posting something from Hillsdale

I don't know anything about them, what's up with them?

Never mind :shutup: ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

sbr

I have no idea what Hillsdale is, but I'm not too worried about sources. I shared an interesting story about an old time ball player, not trying to write a defendable thesis.

Barrister

Royals beat the Orioles 4-2. :cool:
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

MadBurgerMaker

Darvish had his rehab start pushed back to May 1.  Would be nice for the Rangers to get him, and the 8 or 10 or whatever stupid number of different pitches he can throw, back. 

Admiral Yi

Can someone shoot me a PM when it's time for a fair weather Cubs fan to start rooting for them?

Barrister

Quote from: Admiral Yi on April 23, 2016, 02:22:29 AM
Can someone shoot me a PM when it's time for a fair weather Cubs fan to start rooting for them?

They're 13-4.  Now sounds like a good time.  If they fade off later you can always unfollow them later.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Barrister on April 23, 2016, 08:15:33 AM

They're 13-4.  Now sounds like a good time.  If they fade off later you can always unfollow them later.

On the contrary, they're 13-4, which means there's still 145 games in the regular season. Check back in September.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Barrister

Quote from: Barrister on April 22, 2016, 09:55:42 PM

And after an 8-3 loss, Los Reales came back to win the rubber match 6-1. :cool:

jimmy olsen

I've watched more baseball in the last month than I have in a couple of years. Sox are .500ish, but they are entertaining to watch.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

4-6 since their great start. DOOOOOMED
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2016, 11:01:42 PM

Don't you foreigners have something foreign to do, like watching futbol or something?

Eddie Teach

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2016, 06:29:31 PM
Don't you foreigners have something foreign to do, like watching futbol or something?

He's the ice-hockey kind of foreigner. Like Jaron.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

derspiess

A few months ago was when they all started going ape-shit on Facebook.  You're way late.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Barrister

Quote from: CountDeMoney on April 25, 2016, 06:29:31 PM
Quote from: Barrister on April 24, 2016, 11:01:42 PM

No Canadian teams in the Stanley Cup playoffs, CFL regular season doesn't start for another couple months... the Royals are the only sporting interest I have right now.  Why do you want to take that away from me Seedy? :cry:

CountDeMoney

Trump has the right idea.  Just the wrong border.  #AndMakeCanadaPayFerIt