News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Baseball 2016

Started by The Minsky Moment, January 07, 2016, 12:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 15, 2016, 10:12:11 PM
then the Jays pitcher immediately drilled Prince Fielder (who probably swung at it anyway)

lulz I see what you did there.

I dunno, I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that slide; now, if he had come in cleats high, that would be obvious.  But this is all leftover bullshit from the ALCS, so everybody's all sensitive and shit.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2016, 07:31:00 AM
I dunno, I didn't see anything particularly wrong with that slide; now, if he had come in cleats high, that would be obvious.  But this is all leftover bullshit from the ALCS, so everybody's all sensitive and shit.

It's leftover in the sense that they changed the rule specifically to protect infielders from dudes sliding through them.  Last year that was fine, this year it is not.  They also made neighborhood plays reviewable, so the infielder is risking the runner being called safe if he isn't touching the bag unlike in previous years where they couldn't look at it.  Odor actually didn't look like he was touching, so a normal slide might have had the tying run at second (with two outs after guy going to first gets thrown out).  Gotta try to be a badass though.

Also, if Bautista wants to slide into a 2Bs leg because he's butthurt about getting hit by a pitch instead of taking it up with the pitcher, that's fine, but when he gets sent glassy eyed and wobbly kneed into the loving arms of Adrian Beltre for his efforts, he needs to shut the fuck up about it. 

CountDeMoney

Sensitive Rangers fan is: sensitive

sbr

The best part is that the Rangers waited until Bautista's last at bat in the last game the two teams played to plunk him.  If you are so butt-hurt by the bat flip then hit him in his first AB; oh wait then the Jays' pitchers can retaliate.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2016, 09:49:35 AM

Rangers fan knows the new rule and was just helping Orioles fan out since Orioles fan didn't seem to be aware of it.  Rangers fan is unhappy about losing a second baseman for two weeks at least, although Jays player brought it on himself.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2016, 10:03:45 AM
The best part is that the Rangers waited until Bautista's last at bat in the last game the two teams played to plunk him.  If you are so butt-hurt by the bat flip then hit him in his first AB; oh wait then the Jays' pitchers can retaliate.

:lol:  The game didn't end in the 8th.  Jays pitcher immediately hit Prince Fielder on the next pitch (because the illegal slide = two outs) and got ejected.  Prince Fielder did not throw his gigantic body at the second baseman's leg though and also managed to not get punched in the face.

E:  Seriously why is Prince Fielder still there ugh

sbr

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 16, 2016, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2016, 10:03:45 AM

:lol:  The game didn't end in the 8th.  Jays pitcher immediately hit Prince Fielder on the next pitch (because the illegal slide = two outs) and got ejected.  Prince Fielder did not throw his gigantic body at the second baseman's leg though and also managed to not get punched in the face.

I never said that was the last at bat of the game, though with a bullpen like the Rangers have you might have to assume that the Jays might bat around in the 9th and give Jose another chance.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: sbr on May 16, 2016, 10:09:17 AM
I never said that was the last at bat of the game, though with a bullpen like the Rangers have you might have to assume that the Jays might bat around in the 9th and give Jose another chance.

Did you actually have a point then?  The Jays pitchers could, and did, retaliate.  Bautista tried to retaliate (although was "retaliating" against a guy who didn't do anything to him) and got blasted.  Are you saying you want more of this dumbass horseshit?  People who are butthurt about the batflip are dumb babies, and if they really told Bush (in his second MLB game) to hit Bautista in the 8th up by only 1, then that's stupid.  Bautista trying to slide through Odor's leg as some sort of revenge against the pitcher who is not named Odor was stupid.  Odor punching Bautista in the face was stupid.  Jays pitcher hitting Fielder was especially stupid.  You would want that to go on for a whole series?  That's really fucking stupid.

Grey Fox

Bat flips are awesome. The Rangers need to untwist their Fall panties.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

MadBurgerMaker

Quote from: Grey Fox on May 16, 2016, 10:36:36 AM
Bat flips are awesome. The Rangers need to untwist their Fall panties.

They are indeed awesome.  Bautista's was one of the best ones I've seen, at least that I can think of right now. 

derspiess

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 16, 2016, 10:04:23 AM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2016, 09:49:35 AM

Rangers fan knows the new rule and was just helping Orioles fan out since Orioles fan didn't seem to be aware of it.  Rangers fan is unhappy about losing a second baseman for two weeks at least, although Jays player brought it on himself.

Rangers fan's second baseman shouldn't have cold-cocked a dude.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

CountDeMoney

Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on May 16, 2016, 10:04:23 AM
Rangers fan knows the new rule and was just helping Orioles fan out since Orioles fan didn't seem to be aware of it.

Orioles fan has his own fucking problems, like Orioles starting pitching.  :P

QuoteRangers fan is unhappy about losing a second baseman for two weeks at least, although Jays player brought it on himself.

Bah, Odor was already turning and woofing before Bautista even got up.  And that's quite a trick, out-woofing Bautista. 

I've no monkey in this shitfight at the zoo, but looks to me like Odor was looking for pooh to fling.

MadBurgerMaker

Good advice Spiess, I'll let him know next time I see him.

Quote from: CountDeMoney on May 16, 2016, 11:08:00 AM
Orioles fan has his own fucking problems, like Orioles starting pitching.  :P

Fuck it, at least that means the pitchers are screwing up early vs waiting for the bullpen to ruin everything.

QuoteBah, Odor was already turning and woofing before Bautista even got up.  And that's quite a trick, out-woofing Bautista. 

I've no monkey in this shitfight at the zoo, but looks to me like Odor was looking for pooh to fling.

Odor has always been pretty......well, I mean he's only 22, and he's not exactly shy about going after people.  This was also the second time in the game that someone slid into his legs, and with it being a dumbass like Bautista, that was it.   

MadBurgerMaker

Jon Heyman is saying Lincecum could end up with the Angels as early as today.   :hmm:

Sophie Scholl

Well.  The "Battle of Ohio" is off to a good start.  My only question:  Where the hell was this offensive madness when the Tribe faced the even worse Twins over the weekend?! <_<
"Everything that brought you here -- all the things that made you a prisoner of past sins -- they are gone. Forever and for good. So let the past go... and live."

"Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did."