Star Wars - Impressions, no spoilers, just impressions!

Started by Berkut, December 16, 2015, 11:21:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good is the new Star Wars flick overall?

Awesome! A: Best Star Wars movie yet, Abrams and Co. found the right mix of action and story!
8 (14.3%)
B: Very, very good! Probaby not up there with the best of the series, but vastly better than any of 1/2/3, and mostly met our lofty expectations!
30 (53.6%)
C: Solid. Better than the 1/2/3 disasters, but missed on the story in some ways, not as good as 4/5/6 overall
11 (19.6%)
D: Uggh. Are we sure Lucas wasn't involved?
1 (1.8%)
F: I miss JarJar
6 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Syt

The Rogue callsign in ESB was translated as "Renegat" in German, i.e. a Germanified version of Renegade. So Renegat Eins would have been a weirder title than Rogue One.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Grey Fox

The Last Jedi is plural.

Les Derniers Jedi
Los Ultimos Jedi
Die Letzten Jedi
Gli Ultimi Jedi
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Zanza

Grey Fox

Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Admiral Yi

Habbaku

Quote from: Kleves on February 17, 2017, 12:09:44 PM
Maybe Luke will maybe it to episode 9 after all...

Maybe maybe will maybe maybe maybe.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HVC

Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

celedhring

Can't say I am wowed by it. Still looking forward to the movie, mind.

Admiral Yi

I get the impression an island will figure in the movie.

PRC

Zoupa

Quote from: HVC on April 14, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
Meh.

Yup. Didn't wow me at all either. Compared to the 1st teaser for the force awakens, which I must have played dozens of times in the 1st week it came out.

Crazy_Ivan80

Quote from: Zoupa on April 16, 2017, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: HVC on April 14, 2017, 12:25:40 PM
Meh.

Yup. Didn't wow me at all either. Compared to the 1st teaser for the force awakens, which I must have played dozens of times in the 1st week it came out.

that's the difference between the first star wars since long and under new ownership and the third star wars in just as many years. But yeah, not much wow in the teaser.