News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Facebook Follies of Friends and Families

Started by Syt, December 06, 2015, 01:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I certainly don't see Trump as anomaly.  He's a symptom of a disease that plagues the country.  It's always been there and bubbled up occasionally to poison the body politic.  George Wallace was a previous manifestation.  Trump is a particularly noxious form, but it's very important to remember: People want this.  They aren't going to suddenly stop wanting this unless Trump brings about a major disaster.  Quite a few Republicans have decided to adopt Trumpism.  Many new Republicans resonate with his ethos.

People want this for a simple reason:  They want to hurt people they don't like.  Primarily Hispanics and Muslims, but all sorts of feminists and those pointy-headed liberals who tell them that they are descended from monkeys and similar unwelcome knowledge.  They won't stop wanting this until Trump inflicts misery on them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

You sort of seem like you want to hurt people you don't like.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Valmy

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2018, 11:00:55 AM
I certainly don't see Trump as anomaly.  He's a symptom of a disease that plagues the country.  It's always been there and bubbled up occasionally to poison the body politic.  George Wallace was a previous manifestation.  Trump is a particularly noxious form, but it's very important to remember: People want this.  They aren't going to suddenly stop wanting this unless Trump brings about a major disaster.  Quite a few Republicans have decided to adopt Trumpism.  Many new Republicans resonate with his ethos.

People want this for a simple reason:  They want to hurt people they don't like.  Primarily Hispanics and Muslims, but all sorts of feminists and those pointy-headed liberals who tell them that they are descended from monkeys and similar unwelcome knowledge.  They won't stop wanting this until Trump inflicts misery on them.

His style is the anomaly. The people who support him are not.

I mean I certainly cannot see another right wing candidate rolling to victory after calling Vietnam POWs losers and cowards. But for Trump that is ok. Not sure why.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

What happened to not being ugly to people Syt's relatives?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Eddie Teach

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2018, 11:57:10 AM

Not Raz. He wouldn't hurt a fly.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Who do I "seem" to sort of want to hurt?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2018, 12:02:06 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2018, 11:00:55 AM

His style is the anomaly. The people who support him are not.

I mean I certainly cannot see another right wing candidate rolling to victory after calling Vietnam POWs losers and cowards. But for Trump that is ok. Not sure why.

Cause that's what they want.  This is politics driven by spite.

Valmy

Well consider me spited :P

How much spiting do they need to do before they have considered the spite sufficient?

Razgovory

Quote from: Valmy on October 12, 2018, 12:43:50 PM
Well consider me spited :P

How much spiting do they need to do before they have considered the spite sufficient?

Well, I did see one person say they want to hang the treasonous globalists on the capital mall and leave the bodies to rot as a warning to others, so maybe after that.

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2018, 12:40:51 PM

People on the Right.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2018, 12:53:39 PM

People on the Right.

Perhaps you could point to a relevant passage where I said this?

The Brain

Quote from: Razgovory on October 12, 2018, 01:04:31 PM
Quote from: derspiess on October 12, 2018, 12:53:39 PM

People on the Right.

Perhaps you could point to a relevant passage where I said this?

Usually the person doesn't say this himself.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Camerus

What if there were a right wing meme too retarded even for Syt's sisters to post?

crazy canuck

Quote from: Camerus on October 12, 2018, 04:15:40 PM
What if there were a right wing meme too retarded even for Syt's sisters to post?

unpossible.