And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: The Minsky Moment on December 05, 2015, 04:37:32 PM
Quote from: derspiess on December 04, 2015, 05:23:43 PM
Languish doesn't want it it be terrorism, so I figured I'd mention it.

Who would want it to be terrorism?

You're kinda missing the point.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Razgovory

Quote from: Jaron on December 05, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
I always imagine Raz rocking angrily back and forth in his basement between posts.

I'm not comfortable with you fantasizing about me.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2015, 04:57:53 PM
Quote from: Jaron on December 05, 2015, 04:41:24 PM
I always imagine Raz rocking angrily back and forth in his basement between posts.

I'm not comfortable with you fantasizing about me.

:lol:
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Berkut

More Americans exercising their NRA provided right to carry concealed.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/7-year-old-girl-killed-at-mi-soccer-practice-after-paranoid-man-with-concealed-carry-license-opens-fire/

If we controlled guns, then only criminals would have guns. It is a good thing non-criminals have guns to protect us!
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

MadBurgerMaker

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2015, 05:31:24 PM

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/12/7-year-old-girl-killed-at-mi-soccer-practice-after-paranoid-man-with-concealed-carry-license-opens-fire/

If we controlled guns, then only criminals would have guns. It is a good thing non-criminals have guns to protect us!

I can do that too.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-uber-driver-shoots-gunman-met-0420-20150419-story.html

Authorities say no charges will be filed against an Uber driver who shot and wounded a gunman who opened fire on a crowd of people in Logan Square over the weekend.

The driver had a concealed-carry permit and acted in the defense of himself and others, Assistant State's Attorney Barry Quinn said in court Sunday.

A group of people had been walking in front of the driver around 11:50 p.m. Friday in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue when Everardo Custodio, 22, began firing into the crowd, Quinn said.

The driver pulled out a handgun and fired six shots at Custodio, hitting him several times, according to court records.  Responding officers found Custodio lying on the ground, bleeding, Quinn said.  No other injuries were reported.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Razgovory

I strongly suspect that if you do a competition you'll run out of examples well before Berkut does.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2015, 06:04:30 PM
I strongly suspect that if you do a competition you'll run out of examples well before Berkut does.

No doubt.

11B4V

Oh and this is just a stupid statement.

You wonder why the moderates among gun owners, the folks you need on your side for better gun control, basically think your as nutty as the gun nut diehards.

Razgovory

What is the conservative obsession with the the phrase "Radical Islamic terrorism"?  They keep demanding the President say it for some reason.  Is it some kind of magic spell that will defeat the enemy if we say the words of power?

11B4V

Quote from: Razgovory on December 05, 2015, 06:46:34 PM
What is the conservative obsession with the the phrase "Radical Islamic terrorism"?  They keep demanding the President say it for some reason.  Is it some kind of magic spell that will defeat the enemy if we say the words of power?

They think he's an Islamic sympathizer.

Berkut

Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2015, 06:23:33 PM

You wonder why the moderates among gun owners, the folks you need on your side for better gun control, basically think your as nutty as the gun nut diehards.

What is stupid about it?

We have laws and standards that allow clearly deranged people to carry concealed guns and shoot children because the NRA has spent decades fighting and demanding that they be allowed to do so - that in fact any attempt to restrict it in any way at all is reasonable grounds for hysteria. They do things like refuse to enforce existing laws, defund organization responsible for controlling the sale of weapons, even going so far as to refuse to allow government agencies to function if any kind of that agencies mandate includes things like background checks.

There are consequences to the ridiculous manner in which the MOAR GUNS NO MATTER WHAT crowd has shaped how we (do not) control who is allowed to carry any and all weapons. That dead girl is one of those consequences.
"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Ed Anger

Wait a minute, I can shoot children with my conceal carry permit? WHY WASN'T I TOLD EARLIER OF THIS?

All those wasted years of having to tolerate snot nosed brats.  :(
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

11B4V

Quote from: Berkut on December 05, 2015, 06:48:46 PM
Quote from: 11B4V on December 05, 2015, 06:23:33 PM

What is stupid about it?

The nra does not give that apparent right. You know that so quit being obtuse. A misinterpretation of the 2nd amendment does.

You can articulate a better formulated argument than shrillness.

Spare everyone will you.

11B4V

Quote from: Ed Anger on December 05, 2015, 06:51:26 PM
Wait a minute, I can shoot children with my conceal carry permit? WHY WASN'T I TOLD EARLIER OF THIS?

All those wasted years of having to tolerate snot nosed brats.  :(
Ha priceless  :lol: