News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Mass shooting in San Bernadino

Started by Syt, December 02, 2015, 02:59:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: Martinus on December 06, 2015, 04:09:57 AM
Also, while I agree that gun control discussion has a place, it is silly after this particular case, as it was terrorism. France has probably much stricter gun control laws than America, yet it did not stop Islamists from killing a lot of people with guns few weeks ago - so using this attack to argue for gun control is pretty dishonest.

How is it materially different then if it was a pair of non-Muslim maniacs who perpetrated the attack?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

:hmm:

Somehow I managed to live in the 3 states where shall issue has continued to remain the law of the land.

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Quote from: garbon on December 06, 2015, 03:09:38 PM

Somehow I managed to live in the 3 states where shall issue has continued to remain the law of the land.

How do you feel about the gun laws in England and Wales?
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

grumbler

I believe you mean "may issue."
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

11B4V

Interesting. I still carry the concealed permit even though I don't have to.
"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

derspiess

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

lustindarkness

I like the open carry nuts people, let them be the first targets.  ;)

Regarding the process to get a concealed permit, in some states you have to jump endless hoops, take classes in a state range and pay an arm and a leg to get one. I truly believe if a person really needs to have a conceal carry, they should jump all those hoops and get the classes etc., they are not denying their citizens their 2nd amendment rights.

In Alabama you send a one page questionnaire to to the County Sheriff office with your $20 per year (up to 5 years at a time) and it comes in the mail the next week after the extensive background check.  :lol:
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Admiral Yi

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 06, 2015, 06:11:13 PM
In Alabama you send a one page questionnaire to to the County Sheriff office with your $20 per year (up to 5 years at a time) and it comes in the mail the next week after the extensive background check.  :lol:

What kinds of questions?

Tonitrus

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Pretty sure that's never been in the September issue.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Admiral Yi on December 06, 2015, 06:16:35 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on December 06, 2015, 06:11:13 PM

What kinds of questions?
http://www.shelbyso.com/page.php?p=permits

ID info, address and stuff, employer, contacts. Then a bunch of ever been convicted of... questions or committed in psychiatric hospital.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Quote from: lustindarkness on December 06, 2015, 07:10:19 PM
ID info, address and stuff, employer, contacts. Then a bunch of ever been convicted of... questions or committed in psychiatric hospital.

Bah.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?